They were at my door Saturday

by scumrat 3 Replies latest jw friends

• scumrat
    scumrat

I had just got home after running some errands when I noticed 2 sisters at my door. I got out of my car and asked if I could help them. They started with their typical opening. I played dumb and asked them what organization they were from, and they said Jehovahs Witnesses. I then said "aren't you the group with the massive pedophile problem" ? They had no idea what I was talking about. So I told them to wait there. I went up to get my saved copy of the Aug. 2002 NY Times with the article on the JW pedophile problem. ( I was saving it for just such an ocasion ) Well when I came back down, there was a brother at the stoop and the sisters were in the background. So I opened up the paper and pointed to the article and said, "see, this is what I'm talking about, this article says people are suing your religion for covering up sex abuse and that your religion is ex-comunicating members who expose it" . This brother was smooth, he did not flinch.

He says "well that's an old article" and the people in it were dis-gruntled. So I ask him " why would they be dis-gruntled?" He said, probably because of some things that went on in the congregation, and I said, "like sex abuse?" I wasn't going to let him get away with giving me some bullshit answer. So he says, we tell the people in the congregation to report these matters to the police. Matter a fact, we just sent all our files to them. So I ask him why would you send those files to the police when it was already reported to them? He says well, in some states it's not mandatory to report abuse. So I ask, as a christian don't you think you have a moral obligation to report it, whether it's mandatory or not? He then says well that article is old, have you read anything new on JW's? I said no, and he says that I should go to the library and look up information on them. I asked, Is there anything on the internet about them? He says yes but I would probably find a lot of negative information on the net just like the information in the article. Then he proceeds to give me the official Watchtower website and says, this is where you'll find accurate information. He also tells me that I could call NY and speak to JR Brown.

By this time I was getting tired of going back and forth and said I got to go. Then for whatever the reason, the sister in the background says she wants to read a scripture to me. She proceeds to read the one about Satan roaving around the earth like a roaring lion. Go figure...... All and all it was the best day I had out in service.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

She proceeds to read the one about Satan roaving around the earth like a roaring lion.

That's bizarre - it's like God wanted to leave you with a scripture before he let them go away, but none of them were in on 'hearing' it - I suppose people who aren't in charge of their own mind are open to being used by any spirit that happens to be there - like a channeller or something - freaky stuff.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would love to see this happen every time a JW comes to the door. I think it would have a profound effect on the organization.

• undercover
    undercover
    I would love to see this happen every time a JW comes to the door. I think it would have a profound effect on the organization.

I don't think so. I think it would just make them believe that they are being persecuted thus giving them firmer resolve in their faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit