Latest UPDATE UK Charity Commission investigation

by Watchtower-Free 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I wonder, what reasons did they give for objecting to the enquiry even taking place?
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Awesome!

• Watchtower-Free
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would love to read the actual transcripts.

DD

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thank you for the update Watchtower-Free

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'm sure at this point the higher courts know exactly what the WT lawyers are going to argue and are probably tired of hearing it.

I truly think it's just a ploy to slow things down.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I find it hard to believe the UK will strip JWs of charity status unless they take it away from all religions. JWs have problems, but I don't know that it's enough to single them out and stigmatise them in this way.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I doubt that will happen too Slimboy, unless the Commission really gets a hold of the fact that they have never done any real charity work.

Yes, on odd occasions here in the U.K they have done things that appear to be so, but ALL of them are funded solely by the individual JW's involved, the "Charity" does not expend ANY of its received donations on such work.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

slimboyfat - "I wonder, what reasons did they give for objecting to the enquiry even taking place?"

"Separation of Church and State" and "Freedom of Religion", probably.

slimboyfat - "I find it hard to believe the UK will strip JWs of charity status unless they take it away from all religions."

Why not?

If other churches abide by the law but this one doesn't, is it so hard to believe that the one that doesn't can and will be penalized?

In the US, the IRS revokes the charitable status of approximately 100 groups a year - for various violations - churches included.

Would the UK really be so different? Particularly if the church in question showed a repeated pattern of refusing to cooperate?

• Dagney
    Dagney

sniff.

This just made my day!! Thank you for posting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit