Latest UPDATE UK Charity Commission investigation

by Watchtower-Free 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Good afternoon,

I am writing to give you a quick update about our ongoing statutory inquiries into safeguarding and charities linked to Jehovah’s Witnesses.

As you may know, one of our inquiries is into Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain. We opened this inquiry in 2014. Watch Tower then initiated what turned out to be protracted litigation against us. We have robustly defended our position. We were right to open the inquiry. We have won our case in every court that has heard the matter, most recently in the Court of Appeal. Watch Tower then decided to try to appeal to the Supreme Court. I am pleased to tell you that I have learned today that the Supreme Court has rejected their application. This means that there are no more domestic routes of appeal open to Watch Tower. We are therefore going to be doing what we have been doing since 2014, which is continuing with our inquiries.

A huge thank you to those of you who have met with me, Nick and Chris over the past few months to share your stories with us in person; and thank you also to everyone who has emailed or who has spoken to us on the phone. There is more work to do but the court ruling is an important milestone.

Please let me know if you would no longer like to receive these occasional updates.

Take care,

Jonathan.

Jonathan Sanders

Senior Investigator

t: 0300 065 2075 | e: [email protected] | w: www.gov.uk/charity-commission

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

That's fantastic.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

light just keeps getting brighter.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hope springs eternal.

Doc

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Brilliant Watchtower-Free! Thanks.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Thanks! This is what we want to hear

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i just love these words--

We were right to open the inquiry.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Good, I expect more fines for non compliance at some point in all this.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Satan and his propaganda machine on the warpath again...lies filthy lies!!! :)

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Good. It looks like they've shown their true colours to the charity commission.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit