The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." Psalm 14:1

by pistolpete 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Did you ever give a talk and made that point?

Growing up I had the opportunity to live for a while in a farm like place with all kinds of animals.

Mom and dad always taught us kids early, what to watch for because there were dangerous animals and insects roaming around.

Snakes, black widows, brown recluse spiders, and so on.

There were times when I would just sit by this huge tree and wonder why Jah would make all these animals that were dangerous, and hard to see, until it was too late. Like the black widow spider.

I never asked, but I just wondered all the time. Especially when we would get up and see 50 plus chickens torn to pieces by Coyotes. Or I remember when my kitty had baby kittens, and I loved them all. Then one day I woke up and our dog torn them all to pieces.

It just didn't make sense to me growing up and then going to the Kingdom hall and being taught that God is Love, merciful and knows when one sparrow falls to the grown.

One day we had hundreds of sparrows on the grown. And to this day no one knows why.

I always believed in a Creator.

But one day one of my brothers did something that got me wondering about God.

One of my brothers started an ant farm for some school project. He would feed them and spend a lot of time just making sure they were taken care of. This went on till the end of the school year.

When the school project was over, my brother went and got a magnifying glass and started burning the ants one by one. Then he flooded them with water. Then he got some paper and started a fire and threw it at the ant farm killing a bunch of them. Then he started throwing huge rocks on their home and buried a lot of them.

I went and told dad and he came and whipped his butt.

But that night I started wondering about what my brother had done.

Then I started wondering about all the animals that killed each other like our chickens and our kitties, and some of the people that we knew that were killed by animals.

Then for the first time this thought came into my head.

Is God a Kid with an ant farm????????

Here is this new activist and his video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO-GjEFrCd8

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Brilliant piece.

jtg

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Never mind the spiders which are at least part of the ecosystem. What about parasites such as fleas and ticks? And why is it that only humans get poison ivy? Why don't other animals, which actually eat the stuff, ever get it? That would disprove poison ivy being a defensive mechanism, since you can get it just touching the plant while other animals that do far more damage to it don't get it eating the stuff.

Or, way more dangerous, reptilians? And not reptiles we know such as snakes and lizards, either. Humanoid reptilians from other regions (the Pleiades) that deliberately curse humanity. And those are supposed to be joke-hova's chosen?

• PaddyTheBaddy
    PaddyTheBaddy

You can use the existence of evil in the world as a means to question why an all loving, all powerful God would permit it? But it doesn't have any bearing on whether God actually exists or not. The guy in the video understands this.

Even a very level headed physicist such as Neil deGrasse Tyson puts it at 50-50 that we might be living in a simulation created by a superior intelligence. If true? We better hope this intelligent being is guided by a superior moral code than ours.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-we-live-in-a-simulation-chances-are-about-50-50/

The show’s host Neil deGrasse Tyson had just explained the simulation argument—the idea that we could be virtual beings living in a computer simulation. If so, the simulation would most likely create perceptions of reality on demand rather than simulate all of reality all the time—much like a video game optimized to render only the parts of a scene visible to a player.
  • waton
    waton
    We better hope this intelligent being is guided by a superior moral code than ours.

PDB; Why has there even to be a moral code? The universe is the way it is, a success. Hope for more of the same. be thankful, work for the best, and enJoy.

• PaddyTheBaddy
    PaddyTheBaddy
    PDB; Why has there even to be a moral code? The universe is the way it is, a success. Hope for more of the same. be thankful, work for the best, and enJoy.

Personally, I think working for the best requires some universally beneficial guiding principles, without which, we regress towards predominantly selfish behaviours.

“We have the power to defy the selfish genes of our birth and, if necessary, the selfish memes of our indoctrination. . . . We, alone on earth, can rebel against the tyranny of the selfish replicators.”

Richard Dawkins, The Selfish Gene

• waton
    waton
    Personally, I think working for the best requires some universally beneficial guiding principles, without which, we regress towards predominantly selfish behaviours.

PTB: right, the human species with it's mostly controlled, organized behaviour is perhaps already too successful of an evolutionary story. We are overrunning the good parts of the planet. The invention of an unseen, watchful deity, aka "religion" , was part of that internal control mechanism.

Not that a shaper or creator of the universe should not be thanked., recognized.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

PTBI think working for the best requires some universally beneficial guiding principles

What are some principles you envision that would be universally beneficial.

And what would we do with "Evil"' people?

Evil meaning in this context, those that REFUSE to cooperate with society and instead resort to stealing, laziness, injuring other citizens- etc.??

• PaddyTheBaddy
    PaddyTheBaddy
    What are some principles you envision that would be universally beneficial.

As courage is an attribute every civilisation has admired and viewed as a positive characteristic, I think it is a safe one to start with. And with this in mind, always speaking the truth is something which requires a great deal of courage.

Winston Churchill once said, "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." The challenge is getting universal agreement.

lock them in a cage with a Diamond. It may take a while but good will always conquer evil.

Conor McGregor brutally mocked by Twitter trolls AGAIN after breaking his  leg during UFC 264 defeat - T-Gate

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

PTB

As courage is an attribute every civilisation has admired and viewed as a positive characteristic, I think it is a safe one to start with. And with this in mind, always speaking the truth is something which requires a great deal of courage.

Winston Churchill once said, "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." The challenge is getting universal agreement.

lock them in a cage with a Diamond. It may take a while but good will always conquer evil.

👍👍👍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit