Assembly next weekend

by Deltawave 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

So we have another assembly upon us next week and everyone is excited because.... It means no Thursday meeting and no Sunday meeting either. I have to say it intrigues me how happy very dedicated witness's are about the week of freedom. I jokingly said.... Shouldn't we all be sad their is no meeting.. And the reply was "we should be but it's great isn't it!"

I am wondering if anyone from th forum has the bad luck to have to go to the assembly this weekend.

I will be taking my wife..... The joys keep onincreasing

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Agreed!

For a group that supposedly "value every opportunity to gather and be taught by Jehovah", they love it when a meeting is skipped, or when a public speaker doesn't arrive and they get to go home early!

Imagine if it was a music concert, or a movie they were going to...and IT got cancelled! I think they might be MORE upset by that rather than "the divine spiritual food" missed out on!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    If people are only going to meetings so they dont get shunned then that makes perfect sense
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Yeah, I remember what a relief it was to have no midweek meeting(s) the week of an assembly or convention. I got a tiny sample of what it was like for my non-JW friends. I could only tolerate the JW grind because I thought I was doing right and it would soon pay off.

• Deltawave
    Deltawave

When the hours for pioneering are dropped they celebrate,

When the speaker doesn't turn up as stuckinarut2 said they celebrate

When the assembly was cut down to one day they celebrate

That's when they have the kingdom smile 😁😁😇

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

It will look like a Muppet Show once again, with on one hand some members of the GB showing their hypocritical smile and on the other hand their co-domestics licking their asses !

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros
    Please correct me : Instead of a Muppet Show, pleae read a WT Puppet Show !!!
  • carla
    carla
    What is the reason they don't have regular meetings when an assembly is coming up? Not that I mind, just wondering. I would think keeping the midweek & Sun meeting plus the 3 days of mind numbing dribble would make them extra dubby for quite some time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit