Research on Ostracism in Former Jehovah's Witnesses

by wiktoriaresearch 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• wiktoriaresearch
    wiktoriaresearch

I am an Undergraduate Psychology Student at National College of Ireland. My research is created to investigate levels of social support, depression and stress in former members of religious groups. I am interested whether there are differences in these psychological factors between individuals who feel ostracised by their former religious group and individuals who do not feel ostracised by their former religious group. If you are over 18 years of age and are a former member of a religious group and are interested in this study please click on the link below. All data is collected anonymously, so it will not be possible to identify you from your questionnaire responses.

https://docs.google.com/forms/u/2/d/1rRQpT2tFAw_DAEcTZZvM3XKCrXlmrsZULpVG0BTPBps/edit?usp=forms_home&ths=true&fbclid=IwAR2Pr1_7-ZDeU3nIh9q1eZ2ljYzEv9gKNdSXz6z0OD7PdsdixG61yrg-bEI

• Doofgrandaddy
    Doofgrandaddy

I realise that you are an under grad but I went in for about 6 pages and gave up.

" psychological factors between individuals who feel ostracised by their former religious group and individuals who do not feel ostracised by their former religious group."

Wouldn't it be better to ask that question first and then tease out why that person feels ostracised or not? My answers to your questions would give the impression (as stats) that I am some sort of reclusive unsupported victim but that's the polar opposite of my life. I am just self reliant and personally responsible for my emotions and decisions and future.

Good luck with your endeavours

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit