"War is always an admition of failure"

by rem 0 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem

"War is always an admition of failure"

What do you think of that statement? Is war necessarily an admition of failure on the UN's part or could it be interpreted as Saddam's admission of failure to abide by his commitments (after 12 years)? What is wrong with an ultimatum of force? Should rogue states be allowed to ignore their commitments indefinitely because the ultimate consequence of war is seen to be a failure on the part of the International community?

I guess it's easy to tell my stance on this issue, but I'm just curious as to how others feel about it. Is use of military force always an admition of failure by those who use it?

Also, I think we can all agree that there has been some positive progress lately on the ispection front in Iraq. The question, however, is not whether there is progress, but whether Iraq has shown "full, unconditional, immediate cooperation" as required by resolution 1441. Does anyone believe that Iraq has met this requirement? If they have not, then why should not the "serious consequences" as outlined in the resolution (unanimously accepted) not take effect?

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit