The reason why I condemn the witnesses

by crinklestein 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I once engaged in a debate about why the Catholic Church was a totally corrupt organization and is bloodguilty for hundreds of years of murder and deciet and one half-assed "I'm sorry" is NOT going to make up for it. Not even a thousand sorries will make up for it. After visiting here and seeing all the horrible experiences you all have had I now apply the debate to the Witnesses as well.

"Coruption
      Well, the Catholic church has filed for bankruptzy. How pathetic can you get. The only reason they're doing this is so they don't have to pay for all the molestation lawsuits they're losing. We've been having a little discussion on this subject in Leoville. This whole organization is so corupted it's not even funny. These people can't even face the music of earthly justice, how do they think they're going to face heavenly justice. A bunch of freakin scumbags pimping religion like a dimestore hooker.
      Someone made a comment that you can't condemmn an entire organization because of the actions of a relative few. Here's what I said in reply:

It was the pedophilia of a relatively few men, yes. But it was the action of the head officials to hide their actions that has involved the whole organization. They were, in essence, accessories to the crime. Kinda like how a getaway driver gets convicted for the bank robber's actions because the getaway driver helped him in his crime, helped him escape the scene of the crime and made sure that he wasn't caught. The head officials in these cases helped the perverts get away, covered up their actions and gave them sanctuary and only when they were busted did they admit it and feel bad for their actions. I don't buy it.

But when any leaders of any organization aids a large group of people in their illegal activity and helps them get away with it that entire organization is guilty. Look at the Taliban for instance... they have aided terorism, they have covered up their activities to the best of their abilities, they have given them sanctuary and protection, they are guilty and that seems to be good enough reason to start a war with them and take them down. Because of the actions of a few terrorists we have deemed the entire Taliban organization guilty. Curious...

If the organization had taken those perverts and kicked them out of the church and had charges filed against them AS ANY DECENT PERSON WOULD DO then that would be good. But they didn't. Any company, any organization, any agency any decent PERSON that knows of someone breaking the law and comitting a major crime such as this is responsible for alerting the authorities and filing charges against them.
      I don't know of ANY employer that wouldn't fire someone and have them arrested if they found out that person stole from the company, sexually assaulted a co-worker, harased a co-worker, engaged in ANY illegal activity outside of work or ANYTHING. It seems to me that most major and minor companies have higher morals than the largest religious organization in the world. How did that happen?

So although the sex crimes were committed by a relative few there was an even greater crime committed by the leaders of the organization and that was a crime of covering up, providing sanctuary for the lawbreaker, paying off people to keep silent, and allowing people like that to still function within the organization and putting them in more situations that would allow them to repeat their crimes. But more importantly, they are guilty of betraying their parishioners who have put their faith and their trust in their religious leaders and they have been stabbed in the back by those they look to for guidance. That is the greatest crime of all. And because these leaders speak and act FOR the organization they ARE the organization. And since the leaders were allowed to remain in power by the head of the church... well, I think that speaks for itself."
      Then someone said that if you have a gangrenous limb you shouldn't kill the whole body, just amputate the limb.

To which I had to reply:
      "That would be great if it happened. But the problem is that instead of amputating the limb they covered it up with pretty dressing and flashy clothing and good deeds to hide the problem. This has caused the infection to spread. If left to fester as it has the gangrenous limb itself will kill the whole body. Unfortunately it wasn't the limb that had gangreen, it was the head. But the fact remains that the entire body is already dead. The infection has now taken over the body, possessing it, animating it and is acting through it. No matter what their good deeds are, they can't ever make up for all the blood on their hands. And this filing bankruptzy thing is patetic. They are souless sons-of-bitches and they will reap what they have sown.
      And as far as I know, there's no bankrutzy in the afterlife to bail you out of your judgement."
      After visiting this site I now see that the JW organization is just as guilty and that they are NO DIFFERENT than the Catholic Organization in these cover-up scandles. It will only be a matter of time before they have hundreds and hundreds of lawsuits against them and they will follow suit and claim bankruptzy. Maybe it will be then that these active JW's will wake up to the facts and leave the organization. Either that or they will be aligning themselves with an evil organization and will be considered "guilty by association."
  • gumby
    gumby

It was the pedophilia of a relatively few men, yes. But it was the action of the head officials to hide their actions that has involved the whole organization. They were, in essence, accessories to the crime.

Bingo! Thats is exactly what braindead dubs......will not see.

It is THEIR Organisation that backs the wronfull way of handling this disgusting problem with the children. It is their leaders.....(.according to their OWN definition of accountability to god ) who are guilty. In the bible...it was the people who suffered from wayward leaders and it is the same in this modern day scenerio.

Nice write up crinkle and nice to have you.

Gumby

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I also used the example of a child day care center.

One more example: There's a daycare company and they are in charge of taking care of children. Now if one of the daycare workers mollests a child and is caught by her boss it would be the bosses responsibility legally and MORALLY to FIRE HER and have her ARRESTED. Regardless of how "penitent" the emplyee was she should still be fired (excomunicated from the company). The boss knows that she is legally accountable for the actions of her employees and knows that she has to turn her in.
    If she does then she is off the hook with the law because she took appropriate action when knowledge of these events came to her attention.

If she covered up the mollestation, protected the employee, moved her out of state to another daycare that the company owned and paid off the family to keep silent THAT is when the company would be considered to be CORRUPTED. And if that managers boss knew about this and allowed her to engage in this action it just makes this company even more currput. The other daycare workers may be totally innocent and they are not accountable for the actions of their boss and co-worker. But they would, at that point, be working for corrupt organization. And if they knew there was a history of this happening, even though they are totally innocent, I would question their morality of anyone that would be willing to work for employers of such questionable business practices.

Would you be willing to provide services to the mob? Even though the people you're dealing with may not have done anything illegal, they represent and do business with individuals that break the law (and other people's legs). Would you, in good conscience, provide services for criminals?

There is also a FEDERAL LAW that states that it is considered a crime to NOT report any child abuse that you are aware of. So ALL of these groups that know of this abuse and do not turn them in to the law are, in fact, breaking the law themselves and are aiding and abetting a known fellon.

But,as I had said, anyone that aligns themselves with KNOWN CRIMINALS and provides services to those KNOWN CRIMINALS are guilty by association. Just like if you are driving a car and you have a friend in the passenger seat. It that friend pulled out a gun a shot a group of people on the sidewalk you are also held responsible because you associated yourself with him and you were driving the car. You wouldn't provide friendly services to the mob, why would you provide friendly services to a group convicted of covering up the most heinous crimes known? I would have nothing to do with any company or organization that has done these kinds of things for fear of sharing in their blood guilt.

The Bible does say, "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins." I believe that sincere Christians should consider not being affiliated with such an organization. And by repeating the lies that they tell you about why the WTS isn't responsible you are assisting in the cover up and held just as responsible as they are.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Thanks Gumby. Nice to be here!

• Francois
    Francois

Ironic as it may be, the JWs would be in vastly better shape today if it had paid attention to a religious philosophy that they've rejected without even knowing much about it, that is the philosophy found in the Tao Te Ching. Specifically, I am thinking about what it means when it says:

"Handle a problem when it is small. Then you will have no big problems."

Short, sweet, and to the point. But they didn't do this, did they? Noooooo. They attempted to hide it, to justify it, to dodge it, to deny it, to do everything but deal with it - because it was going to bring reproach on Jehovah's organization to do so. Well. Now it's blowing up in their faces and the reproach is infinitely worse than if they'd stepped up to it like men and dealt with it.

This is what comes of the certitude of organizational infallibility.

francois

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Weren't the scribes and the pharisies God's organization on earth at the time of Jesus? Look what happened to IT! It got overrun with the laws of men overburdoning their follows with insane religious law that undermined the very foundation of what the religion was supposed to be about! And it was disowned and and condemned by God.

Could this be what we call "Foreshadowing"? Hmmmm....

• starScream
    starScream

Crinkelstein,

that is a Good point you raise about "the pharisees" being God's organization. The Catholic Church is guilty of exactly what you said about the pharisees making up a bunch of nonsense and completely losing the foundational purpose of the religion.

Xander made an Indictment :

*Dizzy* Christianity - Fraudulent and Evil Rotten - from beginning to end

on Bible Research & Study Articles : which, although is a false indictment of Christ (the beginning), all God fearing Christians (the "to") and Christ again (the end), it does demonstrate what happens when men assume authorities beyond what God has given them. Personally though I think you have made a similar error in condemning the witnesses (instead of the Watchtower) as Xander has made in his indictment of all Christians and Christ. I know it was not your intent but it could undermine your credibilty to any JW lurkers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit