Trump. Why all the banter?

by punkofnice 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There is a lot of talk about the USA's new President, Mr Trump.

He seems to be like what they say about Marmite, people either love him or hate him. Is there any middle ground?

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

1. Why do you think there is so much talk about him on social media/forums/news and other places?

2. Have previous presidents caused such talk in the social media/forums/news and other places?

3. Does all the banter irritate you?

Perhaps being in the UK, I'm not quite engaged with it all. However, I'm wondering what your viewpoints are.

Edit to add: I'm not feeling good with words today, excuse the use of the word banter and talk.....can't think of alternatives :)

• George One Time
    George One Time

On your first question: He just seems to be plain stupid! I'm afraid how his policies will work out for the climate and international relationships. Just happy i'm not living in the States and have a good health insurance in my country.

• cobweb
    cobweb

I'm from the UK. I have VERY strong feelings against the Trump administration. I didn't like Bush W but this is a whole order of magnitude worse. This isn't business as normal as far as I am concerned. Trump and his circle are an exception to business as usual. That is why when people compare him to Hillary it just doesn't work for me. You may not have liked her but she was just another politician. The benefit of the status quo is that at least you can go back to your life and politics recedes back into the background. That is never going to happen for as long as Trump and co are around.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It's not really either people "love him or hate him", there is a large center that is not pro trump. But, they are also not fanatical about hating him beyond logic. The result is they are deemed "trump supporters" by an element in the left for not HATING him enough. So that is a misconception perpetrated by this outraged noisy group. They are beyond logic. For instance, Steven Colbert is edging out Fallon in ratings, why? Colbert is taking a harder line on Trump. Another thing I find

So that is a misconception perpetrated by this outraged noisy element that is mad beyond logic. For instance, Steven Colbert is edging out Fallon in ratings, why? Colbert is taking a harder line on Trump. Another thing I find hilarious, George W. Bush has taken a hard line against Trump, the regressives are now lauding him as the greatest. This to me shows how far beyond reason people are.

The truth is there are a lot of centered folks, many liberal, who just choose not to act like the sky is falling everytime Trump farts or tweets.For this you are labeled a trump supporter.

1. Why do you think there is so much talk about him on social media/forums/news and other places?

It gets clicks and views, simple as that.

2. Have previous presidents caused such talk in the social media/forums/news and other places?

Nope, they weren't nearly the spectacle and social media isn't what it is today

3. Does all the banter irritate you?

A lot. People need to chill the f-ck out

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

GOT - This is what I'm getting from the news media.

Cobby - The status quo is very important to people.

FMF - That's very interesting what you say about the perception of who is a supporter and who isn't. I have to let you into a secret, I'm sick of hearing about Trump. Hence this thread, glutton for punishment. Although I do like Marmite..oh, and Twiglets.

• cobweb
    cobweb

punkofnice

I read about Trump to distract myself from Brexit. If people who voted for Brexit only new how much they would have to hear about it afterward I think many of they would have voted Remain.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Cobbers - I was really confused by the Brexit thing. It worries me that a combination of worldwide political things including Brexit and Trump are not going to benefit we working class.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Punkofnice,

Edit to add: I'm not feeling good with words today, excuse the use of the word banter and talk.....can't think of alternatives :smile:

Banter:

The playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks. "there was much singing and good natured banter"synonyms: repartee, witty conversation, raillery, wordplay, cut and thrust, kidding, badinage, joshing.
    That's OK punkofnice, we all have those days.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    VI - badinage

Now, that's a new one.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Trump. Why all the banter?

Trump initiates the controversy..

Then "Doubles Down" on the unprovable..

Trump`s Wounds Are Self-Inflicted..

Image result for donald trump self inflicted wounds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit