How would it be?

by Gorbatchov 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Hearing of sisters doing humble work in the congregation:

How is it feel if you are a women with ambitions, well educated, maybe born very smart, you know what you want.

And then you see the elders, some simple, some very strict and some act like idiots.

And you know you're role is to be the one of housewife, pioneer and coffee vollenteer in the KH.

I did not see any ambisious JW girl in my youth maybe they did hide it.

But what a frustration there must be.

How do you see this aspect?

G.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thats a good question Gorby ,I have come across a few women in congregations I have attended who I considered were very intellgent and smart ,and some that never took crap from Elders.

I would hazard a guess that they are all out by now , not that i know for sure as I live now in a different state and many many years have gone by.

But then again intelligence is not something that protects you from joining a cult does it or even remaining in one.

Plenty of intelligent people with high IQ`s have fallen victim to one cult or another whether they are male or female.

Why were females who (claimed) were of the annointed never given any authority in congregation matters when they would rule with Christ for a thousand years.?

Governing Body members claim their authority as GB members with no more authority than women or men who claim they are of the annointed ,

And yet the annointed have no say in congregation matters. They are not recognised any more than a R&F member

So why should we believe one and not the other.?

• waton
    waton

Female ambition is seething where I can observe, expressed, quite openly, by dominant elder's wives, and by the incredibly arrogantly toned comments of the wanna-be queen bees.

How would it be? all would be changed if they found [ed] another religion that is not restrained by 1 Cor.14 and 1 Tim. 2 ***?

*** even then wt is ignoring these so called"Apostolic Instructions", by offering so much microphone time. just observing, not endorsing.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

How do you see this aspect?

I'm not a woman but saw that aspect my entire life as a JW with my mother and sisters. All bright, strong women dealing with the dumb ass idiot elders from the congregation.

Choice 1 - pretend and take it for the sake of the family

Choice 2 - give up and believe that there's nothing more to you as a woman (it will come out in the form of overeating or any other compulsive disorder)

Choice 3 - become a passive aggressive gossip spreading bitch and make everybody's life as miserable as yours

Choice 4 - get out, move on

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I think the JW woman rights is one of the most underrated topics.

We deal with doctrine, disassosiation, property investments bla bla, but might miss the elephant in the room.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit