How Do you Count How Long You Were In "The Truth?"

by IWant2Leave 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

If you were born in, do you count from the year of your birth, when you gave your first presentation at the door, (I was five),

when you became an unbaptized publisher, (I was about 12), or when you dedicated your life to God,(Org) and took the plunge? (I was about 16)

What could you have done with all of this time? Gotten a PHD, started a profitable business, become a millionaire, actor/actress/singer? Become president of the U.S.A.? So much time wasted and we didn't even know we were wasting time!

Where is LongHairGal? I see that you are back!!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

As a born-in I count from when I was born until the time I stopped believing it is "the Truth". I was inactive for several years prior to coming to the realization the religion is a scam. During that time it was like being in purgatory - neither active as a Witness, but still captive to the teachings.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Similar for me to t b known's comment above. I count from when I was born in, the indoctrination starts then. And I count to the night I walked out of the Kingdom Hall, looked back and said to myself " I'm never going there again".

I had been mentally out for a couple of years, and inactive for well over a year at the time.

It is an interesting question to pose, as many may be honest enough to count the time they were still mentally entrapped by at least some of the JW beliefs even after they had physically left. Considering it for myself, when I left I no longer believed in any of the Unique teachings of the J.W.s, just some of the beliefs common to all Christian Sects, of course, they have long gone now too!

I am now a Happy Humanist Atheist.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The time taken from doing something else.

Typical Saturday. Meet, pray, visit, stop to get someone's forgotten bag, buy gas, wait for the leader to show up, knock on an unoccupied door, go to break, then hopefully 2 others will go on a long winded RV while I nap

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I count from when I was born. the indoctrination started immediately. I learned to read early because I was forced to read crap like the old Paradise book.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I counted from the day I was dunked until I said this is all B.S. Of course that took some years, about 2.5 years in a dogs life.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

36 years if I count from the time I started attending meetings and studying.

That was 1970. Baptised in 1973. Started doing research on my own in 2005. Attended my last meeting in 2006.

I was never in 'The Truth' at all, I just thought I was. Nice going Watchtower, you are very clever in a deceptive way.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I became interested in 1959 ,was baptised in 1960 and left in 1993 ,so i usually claim I was a JW for 32 years give or take a year or two.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

too bloody long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit