the cart!

by tiki 5 Replies latest jw friends

• tiki
    tiki

Saw my first cart today! At a red light by a little park in the center of the city where there were lots of tents set up and people selling crafts...on the corner by a bus step I see what I thought was an undertaker. Black suit...whit shirt dark tie...and it struck me odd why an undertaker would be there when the funeral homes are a way up the street. There was another guy with him..no jacket just shirt..pants...couldn't see if he had a tie...then I saw the dinky contraption. So sad how silly they have become. Must be a co in town or something because later I drove by a duplex and there were one pair of females at one door and a second pair at the other...and given the big bags and long skirts...pretty obvious......

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Many prefer it because it is much more easy than going door to door.Easy way to get your hours in.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

I know in the hall I attended the pioneers love it for the easy hours and no talking to people.

• Chook
    Chook

Thank god I wasn't a Jw when they used to have the placards in Rutherfords day. Every form of marketing is cyclical.

• tiki
    tiki

Do they realize how lame they look? And where they station themselves...the passersby are mainly homeless or disenfranchised ones...so if they take then in...are they going to support them too?

• steve2
    steve2

Inoculate yourself against people approaching you by dressing like an undertaker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit