The Kingdom of God – JW booklet “What does the Bible really teach?”

by theplains 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theplains
    theplains

Has anyone tried this type of discussion with Jehovah's Witness missionaries?

Thanks, Jim.

The Kingdom of God – JW booklet “What does the Bible really teach?”

Page 76 - What does the Bible tell us of the Kingdom of God?

Page 77 - … God’s Kingdom is—in heaven. That is why the Bible calls it a “heavenly

Kingdom.” (2 Timothy 4:18) Although God’s Kingdom is in heaven, it will rule over

the earth.—Read Revelation 11:15.

Page 78 - … the apostle John was given a vision in which he saw “the Lamb [Jesus

Christ] standing on Mount Zion [his royal position in heaven], and with him 144,000

who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.” Who are

those 144,000? John himself tells us: “These are the ones who keep following the

Lamb no matter where he goes. These were bought from among mankind as firstfruits

to God and to the Lamb.” (Revelation 14:1, 4) Yes, they are faithful followers of

Jesus Christ specially chosen to rule in heaven with him. After being raised out

of death to heavenly life, “they are to rule as kings over the earth” along with

Jesus. (Revelation 5:10) Since the days of the apostles, God has been selecting

faithful Christians in order to complete the number 144,000.

The Kingdom of God – according to the Bible

John 3:3 - In response Jesus said to him: “Most truly I say to you, unless anyone

is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

Those not born again will never see the Kingdom of God. Who will see the Kingdom

of God? Put yourself in the following parables and see what happens if you are

not found in the Kingdom of God.

(Luke 13:28-29) “… you will stand outside knocking at the door, saying, ‘Lord,

open to us.’ But in answer he will say to you: ‘I do not know where you are from.’

… Get away from me, all you workers of unrighteousness!’ There is where your

weeping and the gnashing of your teeth will be, when you see Abraham, Isaac,

Jacob, and all the prophets in the Kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown

outside. Furthermore, people will come from east and west and from north and

south, and will recline at the table in the Kingdom of God.”

(Matthew 21:28-32) “What do you think? A man had two children. Going up to the

first, he said, ‘Child, go work today in the vineyard.’ In answer this one said,

‘I will not,’ but afterward, he felt regret and went out. Approaching the second,

he said the same. This one replied, ‘I will, Sir,’ but did not go out. Which of

the two did the will of his father?” They said: “The first.” Jesus said to them:

“Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going ahead

of you into the Kingdom of God. For John came to you in a way of righteousness,

but you did not believe him. However, the tax collectors and the prostitutes

believed him, and even when you saw this, you did not feel regret afterward so

as to believe him.”

(Romans 14:17) “For the Kingdom of God does not mean eating and drinking, but

means righteousness and peace and joy with holy spirit.”

(Luke 14:12-24) “When you spread a dinner or an evening meal, do not call your

friends or your brothers or your relatives or your rich neighbors. Otherwise,

they might also invite you in return, and it would become a repayment to you. But

when you spread a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind; and

you will be happy, because they have nothing with which to repay you. For you

will be repaid in the resurrection of the righteous ones.” On hearing these things,

one of the fellow guests said to him: “Happy is the one who dines in the Kingdom

of God.” Jesus said to him: “A man was spreading a grand evening meal, and he

invited many. He sent his slave out at the hour of the evening meal to say to the

invited ones, ‘Come, because everything is now ready.’ But they all alike began

to make excuses. The first said to him, ‘I bought a field and need to go out and

see it; I ask you, have me excused.’ And another said, ‘I bought five yoke of

cattle and am going to examine them; I ask you, have me excused.’ Still another

said, ‘I just got married, and for this reason I cannot come.’ So the slave

came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house became

angry and said to his slave, ‘Go out quickly to the main streets and the alleys

of the city, and bring in here the poor and crippled and blind and lame.’ In time

the slave said, ‘Master, what you ordered has been done, and still there is room.’

So the master said to the slave, ‘Go out to the roads and the lanes and compel

them to come in, so that my house may be filled. For I say to you, none of those

men who were invited will taste my evening meal.’”

Will you accept the Master’s invitation in this parable?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "What does the Bible really teach?"

Just about anything, if you're creative enough. :smirk:

• steve2
    steve2

It can mean A today, B tomorrow and every other letter of the alphabet for as many successive days as you like. And then start all over again.

People who believe the Bible is clear in what it teaches are largely unschooled in its incohesive and impenetrable messages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit