What's your take on being anointed. What requirements do you have to fulfill?

by Hellothere 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

My personal opinion is someone that's gonna rule in heaven, has to prove himself on earth before. So Satan don't have accusations against that person. A Christian king is a loving one. Common sense say he must be an example of agape, fruit of spirit, when his on earth. Granted, i think if you are anointed, this organisation has made your race much harder. It has done so by over focusing on preaching and not development of Agape in members lives.

◄ Matthew 23:13 ► “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm an atheist now but I can still recall my former life as a JW. I'm inclined to agree with you. There were some JWs who manifested Agape, but most elders were on personal power trips, and the higher up they are the bigger their trip.

My days as a JW came to an abrupt end when I learned that there was a pedophile in my congregation and the elders chose to "protect Jehovah's name" rather than demonstrate a Christ-like personality. Thanks, WATCHTOWER! I have been FREE for 50+ years!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Hello There!

The biblical requirements to be annointed (set apart & adopted as a son of God) is :

1. You have to accept that you are a sinner and cannot change your position with your will-power because even "your righteousnesses are like filthy rags" to a perfect and holy God (Is. 64: 6).

"And Jesus answered and said to them, “It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick." - Luke 5: 31

2. You must receive Jesus as your personal savior because "it is appointed unto man once to die and then judgement" (Hebrews 9: 27). Because each person will personally stand trial after they die, they need a personal Savior to pardon them.

It really is about that simple. The apostle John says quite succinctly:

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God. - John 1: 12

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In the modern world on JWs , you just have to be a baptised publisher and start telling others that you are . On April 4th you take the emblems. That’s it, no one is allowed to question your calling…… out loud at least !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't really believe all this stuff. I guess from a JW perspective this:

The Governing body(tm) (pee be upon them), have now commandeered their whole 'anointed(tm)' label for themselves as CEO's, exclusively.

This, in my opinion, is because as a Corporation, they cannot allow the rank and file(tm) to get any prestige thru' the Corporation's own interpretation of their own corrupted version of the Bible. The GB(tm) (Pee be upon them), retain all control of their weird interpretation of their own 'Holy Scriptures(tm) (Oddly, not called the Bible).

These CEO's probably don't believe their own doctrine because they know that they are not a religion. They have now become just a big business fooling people into believing they're a religion to keep the cash rolling in for the CEOs to live like rock stars.

It's all just a big scam where lives are lost and ruined......and the leaders in the business don't care as long as they're ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit