Verses learnt by heart

by JH 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Going out in the field service, we always talked about the same topics, so we only had to know a few verses by heart.

What would you say were the most important verses to know by heart in order to defend our beliefs?

• anti-absolutism
    anti-absolutism

John 3:16....... 'for God loved the world so much that he allowed us Bible thumpers to believe that we are the chosen ones and to haughtily condemn the rest of the world to eternal damnation'.

that was my favorite when I went door to door.... It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside......

Brad

• Brummie
    Brummie

The outworn...Matt 24:14, Dan 2:44, Rev 21:1-4 (The Kingdom), John 10:16 - Rev 7:9 (the other sheep), Matt 5:5, Psalm 37, Eccl 1:4, Luke 22:44 (The paradise earth). John 17:3 (must take in knowledge), Matt 6:9 (Gods name in lords prayer) Revelation 16:16 Armageddon....yada yada

Brummie

• JH
    JH

Brummie,

You knew so much, why did you leave?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Brummie, You knew so much, why did you leave?

I finally read the context of the Scriptures cited...!

Brummie

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Matthew 24:14, John 3:16, and Psalms 83:18. I used the Psalms one a lot.

~asortafairytale~

• greven
    greven

Strangely enough I did not remember a single text.

I never could bring it up to learn this, somehow this is not how my mind works. I was therefore pretty toasted if there was a bible quiz at those silly parties: couldn't come up with even the most basic texts.

Now I am glad I didn't!

Greven

• blackout
    blackout

The only one I can think of is:

That men may know, that you who's name is Jehovah, you alone are the most high over all the earth. Is that psalms 83:18???

OH yeah also "AND this good news of the kingdom will be preached throughout all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations AND THEN THE END WILL COME" AAAAAH.

Scared myself for a minute there.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Isaiah (i think thats how you spell it) 114 or something,

lets see if i can remember:

Do not be afraid for I am with you

Do not gaze about for I am your god

I will fortify you I will help you,

I will keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness for I am your god

I er...........forgotten

Oh well worth a try eh ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit