Formatting issues

by bikerchic 9 Replies latest forum tech-support

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

How do I turn off the formatting when I use the quote button?

Like this?

When I want to start a new paragraph and can't get out of the quote section?

That made it worse, help! I can't get out!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Bikerchic I'm on iPad and have the same problem. I get around it by copy/pasting my quote first then writing my comment beneath it before going back and formatting the quotation using the quote button. Hope that makes sense.

If I copy multiple quotes and have comments in between I do it all first then go back and format each quote one at a time. If there's an easier way I'm all ears!

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

I want to know how to turn ON formatting for the quote feature! I copy/paste something, then use the quote button, but nothing. I've tried highlighting the pasted passage first, I've tried clicking on the quote button both before and after the passage, etc. Everything I can think of, but it never appears in a yellow box like everyone else's quotes. And I'm not on a mobile device. I'm on a regular desktop PC.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Nevuela I always have to highlight the quote then tap (click) the quote button, then after a second, tap it again.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey bikerchic!

Like this?

When I want to start a new paragraph and can't get out of the quote section?

My first 'easy peasy' tip to try out is this -

When you start a new comment, and before you type anything or paste anything...

Use the return key / carriage return about ten or so times to go down the page

Then use the cursor keys to go back to top and start typing and pasting

This means if you get into a problem or situation such as you describe - you simply escape it by using the down cursor keys to move on to the blank lines you made earlier.

(and don't worry about deleting any unused extra lines at the bottom of your comment / post before you submit it - I understand that Simon's forum software automatically removes any 'spare' blank lines)

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Another method for escaping without preliminary lines

1. Copy paste or write the text that is your quote

2. Click the Quote-button before the first letter of the quote or after marking it.

Method 1- Preliminary lines

Quote Darkspilver: When you start a new comment, and before you type anything or paste anything...

Use the return key / carriage return about ten or so times to go down the page

Then use the cursor keys to go back to top and start typing and pasting

4. Delete the quotation but not the frame, what remains is this.

5. Then click ENTER and whoops you get a new unformated line after the quotation!

6. Now Paste the quotation again into the frame. Control-V

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Thanks this should help! I'm not on my laptop right now but will try it out soon.

~Kate

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The easiest way is to first type out or past everything you want to say then go back and highlight what you want to be quoted and then hit the quote button.

• Simon
    Simon

Press the paragraph button ... to the right of the quote button.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Press the paragraph button ... to the right of the quote button.
    That doesn't seem to help, Simon. What I do is go on HTML view and start a new paragraph after the "blockquote".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit