No Blood transfusions - Bible does not appear to support it

by stockholm_Syndrome 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stockholm_Syndrome
    stockholm_Syndrome

I dont understand - Even the bible does not appear to support a stand against blood transfusions. Sure it is against life-blood/slaughter flow/ ceremonial blood -- but not the other ---- I can't believe I used to follow this imposed doctrine

my thoughts are:

All Governing Body Adherents take in blood willingly

Yes that's right - they eat meat that contains blood -well most do anywayz

But it doesn't trouble their conscience - Why ? Because it does not contain the lifeblood. The animal must be 'bled' (strangled products are forbidden) -as if ceremonially the life has been taken and given to Jehovah

The first mention of this principle is recorded in Genesis 9:4-

'Only flesh with its life - its blood- you must not eat'

Then again in Deuteronomy 12:23,24

'Just be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the flesh. You must not eat it. You should pour it out on the ground like water.'

Again - Leviticus 17:13,14

'and catches a wild animal or bird that may be eaten, he must pour out its blood and cover it with dust for the life of every sort of flesh is in its blood because the life is in the blood'

So apparently...

life blood (blood shed at time of slaughter) represents the life and belongs to Jehovah

rest of blood - as in what remains in meat - is ok --as it is not lifeblood

So here is the kicker....

Blood donors do not give their lifeblood !! - They still live !!

So you can have blood transfused into you- just like you eat the remnant blood in meat !!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

The Mosaic Law permitted consuming blood in some circumstances (life threatening):

• Leviticus 17:15

If anyone, whether a native or a foreigner, eats an animal found dead or one torn by a wild animal, he must then wash his garments and bathe in water and be unclean until the evening; then he will be clean.

Jesus 'broke the law; to heal others:

• Matthew 12:11

He said to them: “If you have one sheep and that sheep falls into a pit on the Sabbath, is there a man among you who will not grab hold of it and lift it out?

Preservation of life comes before strict law keeping:

• Matthew 12:3-7

3 He said to them: “Have you not read what David did when he and the men with him were hungry? 4How he entered into the house of God and they ate the loaves of presentation, something that it was not lawful for him or those with him to eat, but for the priests only? 5 Or have you not read in the Law that on the Sabbaths the priests in the temple violate the Sabbath and continue guiltless? 6 But I tell you that something greater than the temple is here. 7 However, if you had understood what this means, ‘I want mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit