2021-March-20--Zoom Guidelines for Meeting Assignments!

by Atlantis 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Zoom Guidelines for Meeting Assignments.

2021-March 20.

Meeting Attendant--Page 2

5. At around 25 minutes into the meeting take an attendance count. (if you can’t see them, assume how many are in the connection) Give the count to Brother Moodey

Atlantis!
  • john.prestor
    john.prestor

I love how they're supposed to look for disturbances or immodest dress. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same, eh? :P

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

john.prestor:

You got that right! They even tell the conductor what to say in his prayer!

Atlantis!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"Join the meeting by 20 minutes early," makes no sense.

I think they're trying to say, "Join the meeting no later than 20 minutes early."

If you bother to put something in writing, you should bother to get it right.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

GrreatTeacher:

If you bother to put something in writing, you should bother to get it right.

Good point!

Atlantis!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I don't believe this is (directly) from the Society. They look like instructions a particular congregation is using.

The muting 10 minutes before the meeting to listen to prerecorded music seems to be taken from how they do at conventions and assemblies. IMO, applying this to a local meeting where the local friends are looking forward to chewing the fat before the meeting, this seems a bit heavy handed.

At the local meetings where I am at the chairman will make an announcement that the meeting is going to start in a few moments (maybe a minute or less before meeting time) and he will then mute everyone.

If the Society were to go with this 10 minutes of enforced silence before local meetings I don't think it would be well received. I could see many using the 10 minutes of silence to do other things (dishes, start laundry, etc). Having a 10 minute music period may work when you are out of town for a whole day convention. But doing that for a 1:45 length local meeting (where you are sitting at home) doesn't seem like it would work very well.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This seems to be an individual congregations instructions to their AV/Chairmen. Interesting as an insight into how controlled the congregations and their meetings are. This sort of thing will be familiar to any one involved in any aspect of this.

They take this stuff SERIOUSLY!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Bobcat:

Slidin Fast:

Yes, that is for a certain congregation and not from headquarters. Usually there would be a "letterhead" if it were from headquarters. Or a number at the lower left-hand corner.

Many thanks!

Atlantis!

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

That seems to use a specific person's name several times. Is that going to possibly get someone in trouble that isn't ready to be in trouble?

• overlap_great.crowd
    overlap_great.crowd

Hi,

These instructions are true.

We had same instructions before the special talk.

If it was the local congregation initiative, non English speaking country couldn't receive same instructions.

Missing point is that ,all the attendant must be identified and renamed correctly.we have admin. Privileges to do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit