There's JW Date site, JW TV channel App?! What Else is New?!

by QUEENIE2_RIPQUEENIE1 3 Replies latest social relationships

• QUEENIE2_RIPQUEENIE1
    QUEENIE2_RIPQUEENIE1

Well, it has been a long time, I realise...since my Mom, Linda, aka, " The Queen Apostate herself... 'QUEENIE' 👑 the orig. was last logging and posting here and several other JW and ExJW related sites... a lot has happened and changed for/with me since mom suddenly passed, Summer of 2008.

Still... When I came across (by accident) during a google search for ex JW Ministries and healing ministries, a link to a Jehovah's Witnesses' Dating Website, no, NOT Ex JW Datesite nor on the verge of leaving, but active JWs Dating site! Lol

I truly was Shocked! I mean I was like "WhahWhahhht??!!!" Lol! Then a week or so later, while searching on the Roku or was it the FireStick? Well either one, does not matter, the important thing is up on my TV screen I behold an actual JW App for what appeared to me to be a Jehovah's Witnesses TV - Content Channel App! As if seeing those newfangled JW Magazine Rack style Stands on street corners lately has not been cause for double take glances and head shaking + lol disbelief.

I am pretty sure if Mom were here to see all this she would think she was imagining these things... or having some kind of surreal alternative reality experiences! That is pretty much how these things are making me feel. Cannot help but to wonder what else is new? I had heard many yrs. ago, the Org. Was in the process of making "major changes." But only very recently have I began to notice some very obvious signs of such change! New light?! Or just necessity forcing change? Mainly this question is being directed to anyone here that is really in the know. I am thinking active or at least still associating folks here would be the most likely to have this ? Covered. I would truly like to learn that there has been much change for the better for all JWs sake. Just wondering though. Not planning on returning or starting a private JW bible study just yet. 😜📚

• Giordano
    Giordano

One of the biggest issue to hit the news is the JW pedophile problem.

The following infomation was confirmed in the news media:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/jehovahs-witnesses-face-child-sex-abuse-investigation-in-australia/2015/08/14/d8a58eda-406e-11e5-9561-4b3dc93e3b9a_story.html?utm_term=.3d12dba63a91

This particular hearing was conducted by the Australian Royal Commission. Victims, Elders Branch Elders even a Governing body member testified under sworn Oath.

• The child sexual abuse cases span 77 years, beginning in 1938 right up to 2015.
    • There was at least 1732 children who were sexually abused. Over 650 of those children were abused by family members.
    • At least 170 of the children sexually abused were under the age of 5.
    • There was 1006 alleged perpetrators of child sexual abuse within the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Of that number, 15 were women.
    • 579 of the alleged abusers confessed to their crime(s). 306 did not. Of the remaining 121, it’s unclear whether they confessed or not.
    • 95 of the alleged child abusers were not Jehovah’s Witnesses when they committed their first sexual abuse.
    • 65 of the alleged child abusers were ministerial servants; 42 were elders; 8 were pioneers; and 1 was a circuit overseer.
    • At least 56 ministerial servants and 27 elders were deleted from their roles. 6 elders and 2 ministerial servants were re-appointed to their roles.
    • Over 33 ministerial servants, 13 elders and 1 pioneer were disfellowshipped.
    • 14 ministerial servants, 4 elders and 1 pioneer were convicted for Child Sexual Abuse by the Australian authorities, yet 3 of those elders and 3 of those ministerial servants were never disfellowshipped for their crimes.

• Not a single instance of Child Sexual Abuse was ever reported to the authorities by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

It is clear that Jehovah’s Witnesses did not report child sexual abuse to the authorities because they were more interested in protecting their “godly” image rather than protecting their children from sexual predators.

Of course the "Two Witness Rule" plus the right to confront the sexually abused child added major difficulties not the least of which was treating the abuse as a sin and not a crime.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The org of today is VASTLY different to the one of pre-2010.....

• Vetiver
    Vetiver

I saw that dating site and showed everyone in my family a few years back. Still active JW's, a de fellowshiped brother, my mom and non praticing friends. They were all shocked but they also laughed.

I don't know how it was in other halls, but in mine I noticed that males and females would visit other halls to find new friends and potentially a possible future husband or wife. The talk was always, "There aren't any good (supposedly spiritual) brothers/sisters in this hall." In my mind it meant, not attractive enough, too crazy, or he or she has dated too many people for their liking, and let's be honest, you know them to well if you've been in the hall for awhile. You go to another hall to meet new people you don't know enough about and have a crush on them and vice versa, but let's face it. Being a witness is like living in a very very very small town. Everybody knows everybody. My question is...how many of these people have hooked and are actually serious JW's? I have a feeling the women are lonely or have been screwed over by a cheating husband looking for their Prince Pioneer, and the guys are half practicing studies just looking for someone they can use or manipulate. I hope I'm wrong but that dating site can't be good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit