The Psychology Of Self Transformation (after leaving the Watchtower Corporation)

by Brokeback Watchtower 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Being in a mind control cult and having been indoctrinated for many years severely suppresses what we really are or realizing our full potential, it causes one to lose track of him/herself. Being told what to hate, who to shun, to please the corporation sock puppet Jehovah can really cause one to put many of ones natural desires and talents in ones shadow, this can lead to depression because we are living the our life with the uniform cult personality. Maturing in this type of cult indoctrination will usually lead to all types of psychic suffering because we are not living true to our DNA but a much more inferior cult made personality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQgC2nI6Wu4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs

• flipper
    flipper

Wow Brokeback, great you tube ! Thanks for posting it. I'm surprised no one commented on this yet. I love the study of psychology and have read several of Frederick Perl's books and watched his seminars which involve assisting people to live in the here and now in order to actualize their lives and tap into their potentials as human beings.

I agree with most everything in this you tube. I remember an old quote that went something like this " The successful man does what the unsuccessful man doesn't want to do. " Not sure who wrote that ; but it's true many times in life. As EX-Jw's ( I've been out 14 years ) it takes a lot of effort to re-build our self esteem because we had the WT Society busy tearing down every vestige of self esteem and self respect we had as humans for years. We were told we were " imperfect sinners " or " inherited this alleged " sin " from Adam & Eve " thus there was supposedly nothing we could ever do to be " worthy " of receiving God's " undeserved kindness " . WTF is " undeserved kindness " anyway ? what a demeaning term when you think about it ! Like we don't DESERVE to have kindness given to us ? I say bullshit ! We ALL deserve dignity and respect no matter what the freaking WT Society or Bible told us ! A crock of shit I say. The way we were " trained " or put down.

That's why it's so important for us EX-JW's to re-invent ourselves into finding WHO and WHAT the real us are personally - and to fulfill our dreams and potentials ! Of course some people have chemical depression that they need medication for- I get that and understand that- however in spite of that we all can take proactive measures to pursue our interests and dreams in this life we have in the here and now.

Personally I have found the pursuing of playing music and writing music and songs to be my therapy and joy in life. As well as relationships with my wife, son, and friends. But the freedom of expression I feel while trying to find really cool chords on the guitar, banjo, or mandolin to express emotion and thoughts through music and lyrics is a joy I feel that I will never get tired of and I will pursue the rest of my life ! Music is a healing in and of itself, and I take great joy and pride in it and what I'm accomplishing in my life in trying to share it with others. It's a " feel good " process all the way around !

Thanks for this cool thread Brokeback and I hope you get even more comments and replies on it ! Peace out bro, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So true "You can't change what you don't accept."

Love Academy of Ideas videos.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

That's cool Flip,

Personally I have found the pursuing of playing music and writing music and songs to be my therapy and joy in life.

You and I seem to be similar. While in the WT corporation's clutches I always had a measure of guilt accompany my interest in music. Now after years of self therapy I can pursue my interest without the nagging pains of conscience over the music I choose to sing and play. BTW this guy has some very good instruction videos->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2R0WHtpIB8

• LV101
    LV101

Brokeback - Thanks for linking the great video.

• venus
    venus

Here is something that many have found to be of great help!

“Think about every single person who has ever harmed you, cheated you, defrauded you, or said unkind things about you. Your experience of them is nothing more than a thought that you carry around with you. These thoughts of resentment, anger, and hatred represent slow, debilitating energies that will disempower you. If you could release them, you would know more peace.”—Wayne W. Dyer

We are endowed with a mind that endowed with unimaginable powers. It is greater than all of the great things of the universe because it can create any thoughts in any direction.

• Whynot
    Whynot

Wow! What an amazing video! I'm saving it. Very inspirational! ♡♡♡♡♡

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit