Burn, baby, burn...!

by EdenOne 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I had to clear space in my shelves for new books that keep arriving. So... out with the "old light"! We got rid of all spares and duplicates and only kept one of each for the sake of memorabilia. For now ...

In doing his, i was only keeping the Watchtower Society's own sound advice:

And also following the fine example set by those Christians in Ephesus, as per the Book of Acts:

That pesky "Revelation Climax" book was the one that took longer to burn. Must be all those demunz in it.

It felt great - freedom!

And just because it's the song that inspired the title of this thread...

Burn baby burn - Ash

Eden

• Poztate
    Poztate

Yeah I did my own little book burning in the fireplace when I learned the truth about the truth.

That shit doesn't burn very well. It must be Jehoover trying to protect it LOL

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

You now, when I was growing up, I was afraid to discard even worn out literature, thinking God would punish me for being disrespectful to his 'spiritual food'. I thought bad things might happen to me. Naturally, I grew out of that mind frame. But still up until not long ago, I would dispose of old literature in a respectful way, reasoning that maybe someone might find it, read it and find 'the truth'. Now I think the world is better off preventing this garbage to ever being read again by anybody.

Eden

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    you done best thing with that lot
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I have the reaction of visceral abhorrence to book burning !! You are burning the evidence! Just remember that.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne
    You are burning the evidence!

Only evidence that we were deluded! Anyway, you forget that for the time being I'm keeping one of each. All those were spares / duplicates ;)

Eden

• Nambo
    Nambo

You crazy fools!, those old books are worth a fortune, a quick search on e-Bay shows for instance £31.74 for "Gods eternal purpose now triumphing for mans good".

Or maybe you could black mail the Watchtower with them?, especially the ones revealing 1914 originally came from measuring a Pyramid.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    i find that tearing them up brings me joy over 800 teaching books turn up and put in the trash
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I tried burning some when we went camping for our first Christmas and they didn't work well as kindling. I could hardly get them to burn. Maybe it was the fact that it had rained and everything was damp, but the books/tracts/magazines should have been dry. I wanted to burn them so badly, but they weren't burning clean so I just brought most of them home. I'll have to try again.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I tried burning some when we went camping for our first Christmas and they didn't work well as kindling. I could hardly get them to burn. Maybe it was the fact that it had rained and everything was damp, but the books/tracts/magazines should have been dry. I wanted to burn them so badly, but they weren't burning clean so I just brought most of them home. I'll have to try again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit