You have a $100,000,000 budget to do a global campaign against the WTBS worldwide. How would you spend it?

by JWchange 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

The education suggestions would be the best use of money and funds IMO. I agree that it's far more effective to immunize people against joining than to try and convince people already in to leave. Stunt their growth and let them die

If it's made into too much of a threat against religious indoctrination though it would be blocked by the religious right. It needs to be subtle and not labelled as any "anti cult" programme.

So it would need to be general "life skills" which would include teaching kids how to think critically about things they are told, why perceived (and self appointed) authority isn't always "right" along with other life skills (how to budget and balance their accounts, invest etc...)

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Firstly I would never win the lottery or get such an inheritance, so I would assume I got the money by some other means like contributions or grants. So the first $50 million I would blow on things like sports cars and Vegas and hookers and coke. So that leaves $100 million. Then I'd do the following:

1. Make THE best JW documentary series ever. Budget $10 million. (I would embezzle $40 million and write it off as part of the series budget.)

Ok so that leaves $50 million to finish the job.

2. I would start a lobby group to have US congressional hearings on the child abuse policies of Jehovah's Witnesses. As a secondary goal of the lobby group I would push for the annual public disclosure of all Church group financial statements within the US. I would use $40 million for the job and embezzle another $10 million.

3. With the second $50 million I stole I would buy Beth Sarim, booz it up and have steak and shrimp bbq's every day. So everybody would be happy, including me.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I would fund a documentary to be made about the Watchtower, putting enough money into it is factually correct and of high enough quality so that it would get noticed, advertise it heavily, then let it be downloaded for free.

I would fund a JW depression and suicide hotline and then publicize it so that every JW knows of its existence. I would give financial assistance to any JW that needed therapy but who couldn't afford it.

I would set up a scholarship so that every JW or ex JW who wanted it can afford higher education.

I would hire a public relations firm to represent the ex JW point of view in any news event where the Watchtower was involved.

I would make Crisis of Conscience and Combatting cult mind control available free to every JW or ex JW.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I would put up 50 huge bill boards exposing their corruption and hypocrisy around each and every WT corporation complex so that anyone entering the place or leaving would be bombarded with the message. This would be a swell thing to do if I had money to burn.
  • mana11
    mana11

Page 1 looks like this; the front is asking are - jehovahs witnesses a cult? - then in the center it is saying that it is -100 years of lies -

Ni Mashahidi wa Yehova ibada ?

page 2 is this - basically giving all the question to ask to see if it is a cult - sorry i copied of the word doc but these print front to back as a single hand out in A4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit