Fundamental Questions for Lurking JW's.who want to seriously debate.

by Blueblades 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Is there a God? What is the evidence for belief in such a being? What is God like? Or,is God a figment of human inspiration?How do we know that such a being might not exist?

Should belief or disbelief in God's existence make a difference in our opinions and moral choices,in the way we see ourselves and relate to those around us?

You should know that answers to these questions have shaped individual lives,races,and nations throughout history.How would you answer them honestly and convincingly?Without the Society doing your thinking for you.

Blueblades

• jgnat
    jgnat

Do remember that not all xJW's left God behind when they left the society. I am very confident in my relationship with God. I am also very confident I can debate with a JW about their beliefs that the WTS is the Only True Religion. That belief all by itself keeps many indoors, thinking that by leaving the society they are leaving Jehovah and everything else behind, too.

Some xJW's leave it all. Others build their own independent faith. Both need help shedding the past and rebuilding themselves.

I would hope that a JW who wishes to debate their faith may do so with another Christian, using the Bible (not WT materials) as the basis for their argument. A little logic would help, too.

A JW who wishes to debate their faith with an athiest has to put the Bible down and debate on logic and observation alone.

Good luck.

• Francois
    Francois

You can't seriously debate the existence of God. The existence of God can neither be proven nor disproven via the use of logic, no matter how sophisticated.

You can debate, however, a couple of other interesting proposals. Here are two:

1. The Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is a religious cult.

2. The Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is a false prophet.

I would dearly like to see either one of those propositions debated. Or both.

francois

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

Francois, I refer to JW's as a high control group that uses coercive indoctrination techniques. I am currently writing a book on the subject, I just don't know if I want to get it published in book form or on the internet only. When active JW's are confronted, not with their teaching, but with their practices and indoctrination techniques, they have no reasonable arguement.

christopherceo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit