MEXICO AND CENTRAL AMERICA: WE NEED MORE MONEY!

by avaddohn94 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avaddohn94
    avaddohn94

This topic was already discussed in the following thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/451530001/we-need-more-money-letter-sent-mexico-re-jw-broadcasting-may-2015

If you don't want to go through the whole thing; basically it is about a letter that was sent by Mexico's branch requiring the body of elders to modify the Service Meeting for THIS WEEK (September 21) and THE FOLLOWING (September 28) in order to watch (AGAIN) Stephen Lett's solicitation for money (May's broadcasting).

So, why a new thread? Well, I just wanted to know if any of the friends from other regions is experiencing these same changes in their service meetings or if actually this modification turned out to be only for Mexico and Central America.

You may read the original letter HERE (in Spanish) or else, a translation in the abovementioned topic.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    No such thing in my region.
  • sir82
    sir82

Nothing like that in the USA.

My speculation: They calculated how much of a "bump" they expected in contributions from each branch territory in May, June, & July from the May broadcast. Those regions which did not hit their budgeted target are being forced to watch the video again.

USA must have hit their target, but Mexico apparently did not.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Lett-itition for Emphasis"?
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Goodness! The poorest region in the Hemisphere where most people live on 2 dollars or less a day. In the middle of Cartel hell, gang hell, and seriously corrupt officials & police, people emigrating by the thousands a week to find work or escape roaming death squads ... and they should worry now about getting their few pesos and quetzales to Americans living in one of the most expensive US Cities to make pamphlets that will end up littering the streets or in a trash can? Great choose between food and pamphlets.

Que puta madre!

Since when is it biblical for the rich to solicit money from the poor and destitute?

• hoser
    hoser
    Lett says in the video "we're not asking for money" then he proceeds to ask for money.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

It's either this

or this

• Lieu
    Lieu

Yeah I got that too Hoser.

Give us your money and you can have this really nice rock. Saludos! 😆

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    I can confirm that. A girl here in Mexico told me that they showed the May broadcasting twice.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Just like passing the collection plate around a second time at church.

The more they insist they're different from "Christendom", the more like them they become.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit