What is the most strange action of a witness while out in field service?

by adjusted knowledge 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Actually, i just remember one that happened to me. I was working a block with my ex-wife as my partner, and another couple, doing house over house. The other couple went to a door where an older man told them "not interested". Later on, while we were still on this block, that same older guy was up a ladder on his front lawn, cleaning his gutters. Well, the ladder must have slipped out, and he got tossed, falling down to the ground behind some bushes. We all saw it, and ran over, and helped the old geezer, like "good little christians". We got his wife, who was inside the house, and helped to call 911, and all that good stuff.

I will never forget, how everybody was saying that Jehovah or the angels, must have made sure we were there, so that we could have helped him, especially since he fell behind bushes, and may not have been found if we didnt see it. But, how STUPID is that line of thinking, because if that was the case, then why wouldnt Jehovah or the angels have just made sure the old guy didnt fall in the first place, lol.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    Was out in service once with a publisher who started his conversation with the a tattooed householder with the intro: "I notice that you like books! Did you know the Bible is the most published and read book in the whole world?" - I almost died - it was next to impossible to hold in the laughter. The introduction that the publisher used was from the guy's bumper sticker on his nearby car...that read: "I love boobs" - so here I am with this innocent young man who thought he was so clever being observant and thought he had the perfect "conversation starter" - books/boobs....Priceless!
  • brandnew
    brandnew

I went to a raging party one friday long ago. I got home kinda late but slept off most of the alcohol. I get a knock on my bedroom door, its pops sayin get ready for service....ok! We're at the hall and guess where service is that day? Yup.....same area and block. So i figure what are the chances of me getting that house.."where all my buddies spent the night!!!!!".... Well what do you know? I get the door, and its my turn to talk. All bad....everyone is crashed on the living room floor when my buddy opens the door, they all look up and the loudest roar of laughing came outta that house that the brothers across the street turned sharp to see what was goin on. Well my boy took the magazines, but then handed me the hat that i forgot there the night before☺. Glad it was pops with me , and not a rat jw.

Yeah i was teased about that one for awhile..hee hee😂

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    @ Truthseeker100, - I actually heard of a similar story, at the door to door work on Staten Island NY, many years ago. Except it was an alder German brother, and there was a big, barking, mean dog, "gaurding" the door. The older German brother was like "dont worry, Jehovah will protect us", in his German accent, and he went right up to the dog and whacked it on its nose, with a pair of gloves. The big dog allowed them to ring the bell and got outta there way, lol.
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    Billzfan23: Maybe he should've opened with Proverbs 5:19.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain
    Its funny, the more i am thinking about it, the more i am remembering. I remember going to the door and i was working with a very, uptight, conservative older sister. The kind of woman where if you were around her, you had to "fake" being anything other than a phony robot the whole time. Well, we were just about done, and were at like the last door for the day, and the door was answered by some middle aged guy who opened the door ALL the way, wide open, to "reveal" himself standing in NOTHING but his tighty, whitey undies. Not boxers, not a bathing suit, NOPE, those tight white brief underwear. I couldnt help but laugh, and this sister was clearly disturbed by it, but she still went into her BS message, like nothing, lol.
  • steve2
    steve2

the door was answered by some middle aged guy who opened the door ALL the way, wide open, to "reveal" himself standing in NOTHING but his tighty, whitey undies. Not boxers, not a bathing suit, NOPE, those tight white brief underwear. I couldnt help but laugh, and this sister was clearly disturbed by it, but she still went into her BS message, like nothing, lol.

This would have been a perfect opportunity for Sister Uptight to talk to that daring man about "the wonderful good news that relief is soooooo very close at hand".

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    Yeah, relief close at hand, while we are "showered" with love, lol.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Story from my late father (1999), and his long-time friend and occasional service partner, Paul Oxenreider (2010). Since all parties are deceased, I feel no obligation to hide their identities.

Time: Early 1980's.

Location: Local Hospital, to visit a sick sister (or possible study)

What Happened: Brother Oxenreider & my father went to visit this sick, older sister at the local hospital to offer some spiritual support and encouragement, or maybe just to be nice. (that's how they were) Older sister must have been frisky, cause she proceeded to lift up her hospital gown and offer up Brother Oxenreider what nature had given her. Brother Oxenreider's wide-eyed and stunned response, as related by my father to me? "Ohhhhh myyyy..........Ohhh myyyyyy!!!" Apparently that's all he could get out. Guess the Shepherd wasn't prepared to shear the sheep? LOL!

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

Strangest action from a witness while out in the field service?

Saying that they had the truth is I think the strangest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit