S.A.D. Observations from the assembly.

by Darkknight757 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    In connection with the baptism there were 15 of which half were young ones, perhaps 17-14 yr range. The others young adults.
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Barrold Bonds

Barrold Bonds 9 hours ago
    I don't know why they send him around to give talks in the US. You can barely understand his English.

::::::::::::::::::

Yeah. Send all the foreigners home. Let us get that good, old racist society back.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    15 baptized out of 2500 attendance (0.6%) is actually higher than most we have heard about recently. It's been running about 0.4% to 0.5%.
  • redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

"So we had Brother Losch visiting our special assembly day which was weird in itself. He's not a very good speaker and seemed like he was in dire need of a nap or something."

Keep in mind that this guy was a BEAST back then. I can see why he seems to be in need of a nap now!

*** w14 7/15 pp. 19-20 Losing a Father—Finding a Father ***I asked my boss whether he would allow me to work 60 hours instead. He granted my request and paid me the same wage. A little later, I asked him whether I could work just 48 hours per week. He approved that request too and paid me the same. I next asked to be allowed to work only 36 hours per week, or 6 hours on 6 days, and that request was also granted. Surprisingly, I still got the same pay! It seemed that my boss did not want me to leave. With that schedule, I started regular pioneering. At the time, the pioneer requirement was 100 hours a month.

How encouraging for our youngsters isn't it?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    • 15 baptized out of 2500 attendance (0.6%) is actually higher than most we have heard about recently. It's been running about 0.4% to 0.5%.

Our circuit is always around 20 every assembly. So for us it's actually a touch lower than normal ,considering we we had about 300 plus our normal attendance.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree with smiddy's comments on the previous page! Spot on! They want University trained people, but they condemn going to university?!? Huh?

Also, re the point that "Jehovah only hears the prayers of baptised ones" huh? What about the many experiences they print about "people who were just praying, and then witnesses knocked at their door"?

They just can't have it both ways! Seriously!!

AND, there is ALWAYS a deficit at EVERY assembly accounts report! Why??? Seriously witnesses, WAKE UP!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Not true

• James Jack
    James Jack

When I attended the Elder School in Patterson, He gave the concluding talk about loyalty to the BORG. I was enthralled with "his sincerity", talking about a splitter group from Romania and they were cut off from the Org in 1950 when the Soviet Union took over. Then when the Soviet Union collapsed and communication was re-established, these Brothers did not accept the changes to the Org (he mentioned smoking being a big issue). "It took a week of long nightly discussions and prayers" but "I always addressed them as Brothers", "Then me and another Brother with me were able to convince 3 of the 4 prominent Brothers in charge, representing some 75% percent of the publishers,(some 5000 people) to come back to the Organization. "

"The moral of this experience, do not be quick to Judge your Brothers who have doubts. Be patient, listen carefully, and display love"(he read Jude 22, "show mercy to those who have doubts"), "Jehovah will Bless your efforts". I was in awe! He had me and every Elder in attendance! We were listening to his every word, you could hear a pin drop....

Then he took a long pause, everyone was clapping hysterically, Then he said; "I have some Counsel for You Brothers about Sports, in particular a certain game where they mimic ancient gladiators, by putting plastic armor and pads, then brutally attacking their opponents, trying to injure them by going after an egg shaped ball." (Football)

I then came out of my "hypnotic state", and said to myself; WTF did he just say?

After he was done, we were dismissed. Many Elders were talking about the evils of Football. I kept my mouth shut for a little while(I really love Football). However, on the shuttle ride back to the Airport (this was a Van driven by a male Bethelite), there were

12 other Elders in this Van and I had to ask the driver... "How do the Bethelites feel about Pro Football?" He said: "Did you guys get that speech from Bro. Losch? I said yes. He then said: "Other members on the Governing Body do not share his view!" In fact, we here call him "NFL", No Football Losch". Some of us laughed, while others did not think that as funny. Then the driver looked at me in the mirror and said: By the way, I'm a Jets fan!"

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Also, re the point that "Jehovah only hears the prayers of baptised ones" huh? What about the many experiences they print about "people who were just praying, and then witnesses knocked at their door"?

The brother illustrated this point. He used the example of two people who date for "MANY years" without making a "firm commitment". He relates that to how Yahman doesn't hear ALL the prayers of a person who will not make a "firm commitment" to Him and the Organization.

So those stories of people who pray for a sign are supposedly answered but don't expect to get a sign after years of study if you have commitment issues cause Yah will be too busy for you.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Losch was the speaker at our circuit one time and said that we shouldn't send our children to kindergarten. It is required by law in this state, so more than a few of us were PO d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit