Yahweh's New Covenant Assembly

by cornish 5 Replies latest jw friends

• cornish
    cornish

An ex JW friend seems to have got well into this group,they have adventist and millerite roots like the JWs,he looked into the Assemblies of Yahweh,but thought they were too centralized around one man and intolerant of dissagrement like the JWs but he seems to think this goup are much better in all regards and non organizational.

Does anyone know more about this group,I wonder if they have sanitized their web site a bit?

• musky
    musky

I wish that Jehovah, Yahweh, God, would just tell everyone on earth with a thunderous voice from the heavens , Which church to go to. Who knows, Maybe the New covenant assembly is the best place, Although I am not familiar with them.

• blondie
    blondie

Musky, is this the one where the men have to have an pierced earring or stud put in saying they are the slave of the man leading this group? I think there was a news show on 60 minues or similar show.

BlondieA

"In case you should buy a Hebrew slave, he will be a slave six years, but in the seventh he will go out as one set free without charge. 3 If he should come in by himself, by himself he will go out. If he is the owner of a wife, then his wife must go out with him. 4 If his master should give him a wife and she does bear him sons or daughters, the wife and her children will become her master’s and he will go out by himself. 5 But if the slave should insistently say, ‘I really love my master, my wife and my sons; I do not want to go out as one set free,’ 6 then his master must bring him near to the [true] God and must bring him up against the door or the doorpost; and his master must pierce his ear through with an awl, and he must be his slave to time indefinite.
  • musky
    musky
    slave of the man leading this group?

I guess that says a lot right there, Doesen't It?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

For a look at the history and beliefs of the Assemblies of Yahweh check out

http://www.watchman.org/profile/assembliesyahwehpro.htm

• Satanus
    Satanus

Anything based on the old testement, it's god or hundreds of laws and barbarities is bound to be authoritarian. These egoist leaders focus on the ot for their religions because it's perfect for their fascist controler mentalities. Better to stay w christian groups, if your friend feels the need. But then, some people want/need a group where the leader dictates to them.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit