Ahum...only 130 languages

by menrov 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• menrov
    menrov

In WT study edition December 2015, article called Jehovah, the God of Communication, par. 18 says:

As a result, the New World Translation is now available in whole or in part in over 130 languages

To many JW's this will sound impressive. but is it?? Well, see here:

On YOUVERSION.COM it says:

VERSIONS
    AVAILABLE

LANGUAGES
    SUPPORTED

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

The "god of communication"???

You mean the desert god they believe threw a hissy fit shortly after the flood to confound communication with "languages" .

The stupidity of religion and the bible knows no limits. It's like stupidity piled on top of stupidity.

• Heaven
    Heaven

When I was a kid, I was told that JWs are preaching to 'all the inhabited Earth'. This sounded quite fishy to me so I did some fairly simple math and concluded that this claim was false.

This indigenous Amazon rainforest tribe was discovered in 2008. Didn't the JWs jump on this to go and preach to them? Come on... they've had 7 years now! These people look like they need to learn about Da Troof...

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

I have a friend who is Russian, she is also a linguistics graduate.. I showed her a copy of the New World Translation in Russian.. she took it to her university professors and they said the translation was appalling and very poorly done. Practically unreadable.

Governing Body.. delivering garbage at the proper time.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    So the good news is that gb printed garbage may save some from signing their lives away to the cult! One can only hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit