An answer to a letter from a JW.

by smiddy3 5 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

This is a reply i sent to a JW who sent me a letter "What is Gods Kingdom"? What do you think did I do OK ?

I didn`t want to come across to strong or as an apostate .I was pleasant b4 and after this piece .

You direct me to the Watchtower magazine that announces Jehovah`s Kingdom to get the right answer`s to what God`s kingdom means.
    I am somewhat familiar with what the New Testament says about God`s Kingdom and I cannot find in any scripture a specific mention of Jehovah`s kingdom, not one scripture . Those words Jehovah`s Kingdom do not appear in any Bible I have seen including the NWT.
    I have a few Bibles .
    But what I do find is that there are over 20 scriptures that explicitly state that followers of Jesus Christ, Christians, are to be witnesses of Jesus Christ and his Kingdom , the Kingdom of Jesus Christ that is to rule for a thousand years .
    The bible makes no mention of a Jehovah`s Kingdom.
    The reason that there are over 40,000+ Christian sects is because they all fall victim to relying on their own interpretations of what they consider this scripture or that scripture means and not accepting what the Bible simply states.
    And then i thanked her for her concern and gave her my e-mail address if she wants to contact me further .
    criticsims / feedback welcome .
    edit:
    I did mention earlier to her about there being 40,000+ Christian sects that also beleive in God`s Kingdom in the world .
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Bravo, Smiddy3.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank you FF200 as I go off to bed.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Well Done Smid

I'm marking you good on: Clarity, Reasoning and directing attention to the Bible

next up is use of gestures and eye contact -ouch- going to be tough.

• GregW
    GregW

There is only one way to preach Jesus's kingdom to come and thats through his explicit instructions, swaying way from that (ie.1914) is being disloyal and opposed to his directions and guidance.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

nice work smiddy! Nice work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit