JW bashing

by Dawn 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

I have see a few posts on here lately from individuals asking why there there is so much JW bashing on this site. To you who asked - here's the answer.

When an individual has a traumatic experience this puts an imprint on their sub-conscious and conscous mind (so to speak) - it is a wound and it is painful. External wounds are healed by covering them and protecting them - however, internal wounds like rejection, fear, etc do not heal by being supressed. The best way (and this is confirmed by a counselor I spoke with) to heal from a traumatic experience is to talk about it - as often as you need to. Talking it through allows you to work through those feelings and release the emotions that are intertwined with them.

Being disfellowshipped is a very traumatic experience involving rejection, depression, pain, and fear. Likewise when one comes to realize that the "truth" they had once based their reality on is not so it is another traumatic experience.

Most of the individuals on this board have suffered one, if not both, of these. This board offers a place for these people (myself included) to talk through their feelings with others that can not only sympathize with their position but also offer advice, alternate opinions, and experience. This board is a counseling session so to speak for many of us.

So you ask "why all the JW bashing" - I answer - because we are in the process of heaing from a traumatic experience.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Dawn: what an appropriate name.

You've shone light on a topic that had many newbies in perpetual darkness.

Thank you for that post. It's honest, concise and palatable.

Hope all is well with you Dawn.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Yes, you are right. Well, for most of the persons doing the bashing. Some, I imagine, would trash anyone and anything.

Beryl

• neyank
    neyank

Is it really bashing when discussing events that hapened? Personally, I don't find bashing to be the apropriate word when discussing the WTS. Sure there are some with hard feelings towards the org. And of course those hard feelings are warented considering how the WTS treats people. This is a board filled with people that have had 1st hand experience dealing with the WTS. So if they choose to discuss their experiences, I wouln't necisarilly call it bashing. And don't forget. The WTS does nothing but BASH every religion out there. Saying they are all doomed to distruction. ect........ To shed light on an orginization that pretends they have some sort of truth is not bashing. It is called giving information. neyank

• Eppie
    Eppie

Thanks Dawn for your post, i'm one of the Newbies. It's also very funny to see that when i first left I was kind of upset with the people on this forum for their 'bashing' and hence i didn't visit for a long time. But exactly in that time i got upset with all the things that happened to me and that were caused, at least partly, by the organisation. I think that it is quite normal for us Newbies to have so much guilt for leaving that we do not want to bash the JWs immediately, it takes some time to lose the connections to the JW thinking. (hell i still feel guilty after 2 years)

I think it is a very common psychological response to blame something/someone for what happened to you. Another very common phenomenon is to judge something that you don't agree with, of which you are not a part, as wrong and bad, otherwise you yourself would be bad and wrong.

Just a thought,

Eppie

• Francois
    Francois

It ain't bragging if you can really do it.

It ain't bashing if you're reporting the truth and it seems like bashing.

francois

• gumby
    gumby

When people discuss the attrocities that Hitler imposed on the Jews......and he is "bashed" for this......is it unkind?

The Watchtower Organisation has literally KILLED thousands of people by their bullshit doctrines!

Want proof?

It's kind of hard NOT to bash an Organisation that has disrupted the lives of those who are still alive. Families are torn apart, suicide abounds, drug addictions, and therapy and anti-depession medicine are the result of this bunch of sickening bastards! That's why we bash them.....and I will continue to bash them as long as they exist!

( There now......I feel better )

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit