Sinutko

by Francois 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Or was it Cinutko? Charles Sinutko? Something.

Great public speaker. Gave up a singing career to be a JW?

What ever happened to this guy? Anyone know?

francois

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Wierd... tired ot reply got a freaky error message... what I said was I had never heard of this fellow... wonder if this post will take...

• puppylove
    puppylove

Last I heard he was an elder in the La Canada (California) area. His wife's health was not good and they stopped the traveling work.

In my hall in Burbank, we had this one really crazy woman (she was truly nuts) who would try to out sing him during the songs. It was so humiliating, especially if you had a study with you at the time.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Frank,

It's Charles Sunutko, and Randy has a sound-byte from one of his talks here: http://www.watchtowernews.org/wav/sunutko75.html

"...(Jehovah) has held out before all of us a new goal, a new year, something to reach out for and it just seems it has given us so much more energy and power, in this final burst of speed toward the finish line, and that's the year 1975.

...It is not wrong to look foward to (1975) and to think about it" - Charles Sunutko

Unfortunately, I don't know anything else about the man, but that sound byte above is priceless all 22 minutes of it.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I heard that Sunutko lived in Los Angeles until about a year or two ago, now lives in the Palm Springs area.

AlanF

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I forget his exact title, I was young, but his talks were very easy to listen to. (1970's - So Cal) Did a lot of assembly talks in our circuit, but I assumed he was the D.O. back in the 70s.

Gamaliel

• Farkel
    Farkel

He really promoted the "Stay Alive 'Til '75" slogan for the Watchtower Society. Idiot!

Thirty three years AFTER '75 he still believes those clueless morons he's slaved for? Go figure.

"Make Do 'Til '72!"

"You'll Be Free in '73!"

"There's Not Much More 'Til '74!"

"Stay Alive 'Til '75!"

"Same Old Watchtower Tricks in '76!"

Farkel

• simplesally
    simplesally

How about, "Be a zero in "zero-zero"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest