The bridge burning has begun.

by sparrowdown 72 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words of support.

To answer the question of whether I have friends to support me the answer is no. I have woken up and left on my own only with the help of forums such as this and you tube videos of brave souls telling it like it is. Thanks Kate Wild and others. It has been a long lonely road out as pre-emptive shunning began in earnest by a few individuals after only a few months of not attending meetings. This was in stark contrast to how I was previously treated ie being "used" for meeting parts and assignments at assemblies etc.

I have no idea how of what my dear sister is going to do with the info, but I am ready for whatever happens. If they come asking I have decided to speak my truth quietly and clearly and then request they do not contact me again.

I have thought of a twist to an old saying.

Life is a bitch and then you die....or as I'd prefer

Shunning is a bitch and then you live!! Your comment reminded me of that d4g.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    It takes a very strong person to do what u just did... Well done!! I wish I could be as strong & brave as you... Maybe one day...
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Good for you for being honest with your Sister, now she knows. Know what I'd do when the Elders come knocking? I really screw over your sister - by DENYING the whole thing! Tell the Elders you have no clue what she's talking about, you never said those things, you watch all the GB Broadcasts every month! Ask them for her 2 witnesses to your "alleged" crime of apostasy? Tell them you feel hurt and "stumbled" by her vicious claims and actions. In other words, totally make your hateful sister look like a total ASS and a liar. It will make it look like SHE has stumbled you right out of the Truth since you now miss meetings. Mess with them by beating them at their own games. Hahahaha! F'em!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

SparrowDown: Whoever said that they would rather be hated for who they are than be loved for who they are not was right.

Congrats on being real.

Although it's not exactly what you said above, I've often said, "I'd rather be loved for WHO I am rather than WHAT I (pretend to) believe!"

Welcome to the rest--and the best--of your life.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If you felt that you needed to say that to your sister, then good for you, Sparrowdown.

I notice that your sister said she would have to hang up on you (i.e. shunning) but the reality is that she chose to do this, influenced by the WT.

If the WT weren't religious nutcases, members would agree to disagree with family members saying how they really feel about the religion, and normal family relationships would continue.

As it is the WTS are serious religious extremists. However, they don't have guns, knives or semtex, so just exhale and relax. ...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

We all have the inner strength to live our truth without their lies, it just needs nurturing and gradually ridding yourself of the self-limiting belief system that years of indoctrination has installed in our brains.

That is a very tempting evil plan wing commander, but this time I fully intend to stand up and be counted as a vote of no-confidence in the WTBTS, if it comes to that, but I am not going to actively seek them out F them they can come to me if they really want to know.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, Wing Commander...it's theocratic warfare! ha ha

Sparrowdown, I really admire you!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Good job, I've had to go through it likewise, it just gets exhausting not being able to be your true self
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That sounds better oubi, I'd rather be loved too.

So right, LUHE, in any other context the idea that you will become dead to all that know you and even "brothers and sisters" you have never met simply because you no longer believe what they believe or wish to attend their meetings any longer is ludicrous to anyone but a nazi or an isis member.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Thanks ToesUp, or as I like to think of you (little piggies)

Yeah, fmf, I can think of more fun ways to get exhausted. (I mean like going on a hike or dancing all night, minds out of the gutter please!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit