A simple explanation for the financial changes

by JeffT 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

As I've mentioned from time to time, I'm a retired accountant. I have tried many times to come up with some logical, sound business reason why the WTBS has made the big changes in its financial arrangements: taking the congregations savings, the monthly donations per congregation etc.

I finally came up with the answer.

The leadership of the Watchtower Society is batshit crazy. We've all known that for some time when it comes to prophecy, wearing tight pants, whatever. Whey should their handling of money be any different? In other words there is no big (or little) plan, there is nothing to figure out because they don't know what they're doing.

• cognac
    cognac
    Just answered another thread and I'll tell you the same thing: Bad investments
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    There's somebody high up that knows or feels as though there is no God and no Jesus because some of the things they do are blatant evil. There is no other reason, I think Rutherford knew are didn't care and now there must be many at the top maybe not the figure head guys the magnificent seven but others behind the scenes.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Yep, I had figured that out a while back. They buy into their own bullshit. They believe they are God's chosen ones and anything they do will have sure success. In other words, they are BaT ShiT-CrAzY!
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Crazy guy, Magnificent 7, I would have gone with the 7 leaders of the Gestapo.
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Thank you.

I've been musing over WTF is going on up there all day long. Now I will be able to sleep tonight!

• the comet
    the comet
    You're probably right. I like to think of them as a business, sometimes it helps to understand why they do what they do. At the end of the day though, they are an end times cult who believe god is directing their organization. Or in simpler terms...they are straight up bat-shit crazy.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

Jehovah jireh gone horribly wrong as growth and per publisher donations flatline in affluent countries?

Do wonder where the money has gone all the same. Must be talking hundreds of millions in USD from the accounts and nominal 'deposits' held at Bethels in the affluent countries, on top of the steady inflow of money from the faithful. Have they just hit the wall after years of overspending?

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

You can tell they are bluffing!!!

They should call it a bluff! Just admitt they have no guidance, they have no inspiration. They are just a gang of average men who were misguided by their egos.

• hoser
    hoser
    Pedophile lawsuit payouts don't come cheap these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit