Its all about Jews and Gentiles

by Steel 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Steel
    Steel

We you still in the borg when you realized the New Testament is about God and the Jews and God and the Church and basically this whole transfer process from jewish law to this becoming the new person in Christ.

Its rather weird I once believed in heavenly hopers and earthly hopers and faithful slave classes etc etc. Its seems like something from Star Trek.

Not saying I am Joe Jesus or anything but seems rather odd how people seem to miss that.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

I actually just made that realization 2 days ago-after 25+ years of being a JW (born in). The 'real' Jews must get a kick out of that? Its all so ridiculous now that I think about it.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Actually I would recommend reading Bart Ehrman's "Lost Christianities" if you want a thorough understanding of first/second century Christianity and what it was all about and why the New Testament came together the way it did. It was not so much about Jews/Gentiles, though that was certainly a big part of it, as it was about them many different Christian sects (Marcionites, Ebionites, Gnostics etc) and the jockeying for position over which would be considered "orthodox" vss "heretics". The sect that won the battle came to be know as orthodox and they were the ones who decided which books should be in the Biblical canon (and of course these were the ones that supported their own version of Christianity)

• venus
    venus

Gist of Bible is the teachings as found in the Eastern thought such as the following:

1)Ego thinks in terms of ‘good and bad’ hence signifies ‘death’ of joy as it creates hell for the egoist and those around him (Gen 2:17; Habakkuk 2:5)

2)If anyone bounces back to the now, with no attachment to anything/anybody (Mathew 5:3); thus mentally becoming independent (which means he reclaims the lost the power of the immaterial entity within), hereturns to the joy, and creates heaven for himself and those around him. (Luke 17:21)

3)Everyone is born with the taste and tendencies he delightfully created in his previous births (Mathew 12:35; 11:14) and each one reaps what he sows (Luke 6:38) and no one is under any compulsion to do what is good or what is bad (Revelation 22:11)

This central teaching was overpowered by weed-like teachings such as unreal separation of Jews and Gentiles (Deut 10:17), God and church (Genesis 1:26; Ephesians 4:6); ransom sacrifices, resurrection …etc. (Mathew 13:24-30)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

From my perspective the new Testament is all about Christians witnessing too , for , and about Jesus Christ and his Kingdom that was to be preached in all the inhabited earth .

Nowhere in the New Testament is their anything about Jehovah`s Kingdom and Christians were never given any authority to preach about Jehovah`s kingdom a phrase that does not exist in the Bible or the New Testament.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Yes!! And now Jews and gentiles are one in Christ. One hope. I tried to tell my mom this, but she didn't listen. It's pretty obvious, actually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit