Ireland

by Lostandfound 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

On another of ,wifibandits posts of letters, one from IBSA London and one from Watchtwer Ireland with. Wicklow address which we viewed on google earth looks to be a sizeable and modern facility for Ireland, question is, Am I right that the Irish branch closed or is it still operating ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Irish Branch closed some two or more years ago, they have been trying to sell it, but as it is way out in Bumblefuck, who the hell would want to buy it ?

They persuade Pioneers and other Numbnuts JW volunteers to mow the grass etc for free, and keep it looking O.K, but I don't think they will find a buyer, unless they find someone who wants a front for a Drugs operation.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Another cult may buy it.

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

Was such a shock they closed it....im still getting my head around that one

• cha ching
    cha ching

When was it built?

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Wifibandit posted letters one for NIreland and UK, IBSA letterhead

one from Irish Branch address, WatchTower of Ireland letterhead

letters about donations for regional conventions

someone must still be on site to write letters

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Lostndfound: Am I right that the Irish branch closed or is it still operating ?

I believe that the Ireland Branch has been on the market to be sold since around the end of 2011.

The Ireland Branch does not appear to be listed as an office on jw.org

I thought that the Britain Branch in London now managed both parts of Ireland.

Wonder if, as seems the case, the WT have a skeleton workforce in place there? Perhaps due to a taxation issue regarding use of the buildings/property? the principle which was explained by 'the King of all Elders' - John Davies at the post below?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5673963306876928/_post/5764270362984448

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

As this was a letter relating to donations, probably handled apparently from Ireland to satisfy Ireland's laws on donations. To non Irish Domiciled

Charities

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit