Feel like starting a New Ministry! True Bible Students

by SonoftheTrinity 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

I think studying the King James Bible, and the Jacobean flavored translations of the Apocrypha and Pseudipigrapha, whether you believe in them or not, is an essential part of being a culturally rooted English speaker. I used to belong to an Organization that advocated reading a chapter a day, but had no actual faith requirement to be a member. 20c a week and read the KJV a Chapter a Day, no lifestyle requirement, no doctrinal litmus test. This was purportedly what the angel told the brother that founded this organization to do.

I have been going through a crisis of faith, and I watched Penn saying that reading the Bible, Torah, or Quran will make you an atheist. And as I see it, that's okay, as long as it makes you ethically conscious. If it makes you ethically and spiritually conscious and culturally rooted then it has done its job. The New Testament teaches that the Torah was a schoolmaster, but that now that we are alumni, we need no schoolmaster.

I don't want to fellowship with believers as much as I want to fellowship with serious Bible students.

I now believe that the Bible is like Yoga. You don't have to believe in it, but you have to practice it. Faith without works is dead, and Praxy always trumps Doxy in real life.

I feel like putting on a stupid suit, or at least a dressy Guayabera for the summer heat, and going from house to house to spread that message, so that I can fellowship with people who care about truth with no definite article or capital T, because I believe in that with as much conviction as much as any brain dead dub.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Will you come to my door?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I feel like putting on a stupid suit, or at least a dressy Guayabera for the summer heat, and going from house to house to spread that message, so that I can fellowship with people who care about truth with no definite article or capital T, because I believe in that with as much conviction as much as any brain dead dub.

Why on Earth? As much as you love it, doesn't change the attitude and desire not to be bothered that people have. I understand feeling strongly about whatever you choose to believe the Bible is or should be, but why bothering other people with it?

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Please don't.

• just fine
    just fine

Let everyone find their own path. No need to lead anyone down any path, let them find their way.

• cofty
    cofty
    And as I see it, that's okay, as long as it makes you ethically conscious.

Bible ethics are deplorable.

This was purportedly what the angel told the brother that founded this organization to do.

Yeah right

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit