Tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel!

by StephaneLaliberte 5 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I just watched the movie Apostacy and thereby, visited an ancient feeling of mine. There were various moments where you could tell that the mother and even the “faithful” daughter were bottled up inside with many thoughts and feelings left unsaid. Their basic, normal, human morality immediately tells them that the proper way to act is not that of the WT. Then, this is immediately followed by the thought that their heart is treacherous, that THEY are flawed. Being the only true religion, WT must be right! And so, years go by where you live in the misery of knowing something is wrong and you keep telling yourself that it must be you.

Convincing yourself that the better part of you is arrogant, evil and prideful, the only possible result is depression and constant sadness.

Considering the above, I find the following quote quite relevant:

don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! […] You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! […] “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power […]. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. – Charlie Chaplin, The Great Dictator
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.. Nov 15, 2013 WT

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

And get them when they're young. The "Caleb & Sophia" videos are the epitome of FOG BITE.

• Biahi
    Biahi

What a great thread! I always thought (as a kid) that there was something wrong with me, because it was "the truth", and yet I found it so abhorrent.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I hope you don`t mind steph

Don`t give yourselves to brutes, JW`s /G.B. - men who despise you -enslave you -who regiment your lives -tell you what to do -what to think and what to feel !...You are not machines ! You are not cattle ! You are men & women ! You have the love of humanity in your hearts !...the Kingdom of God is within man and women not one man nor a group of men but in all men and women .In you ! you the people have the power ...the power to create happiness .You the people , brothers and sisters have the power to make this life free and beautiful ,to make this life a wonderful adventure .

Apologies to -Charlie Chaplin -The Great Dictator -StephaneLalibertie

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    the misery of knowing something is wrong and you keep telling yourself it must be you. Convincing yourself that the better part of you is arrogant, evil and prideful, the only possible result is depression and constant sadness. - SL

Yes for years I kept thinking it must be me, everyone else is happy with the stuff they say from the platform or write in the watchtower. Nobody thinks they are contradicting themselves or being harsh about people who have doubts.

Depression is the only result if this goes on too long, I agree. I remember it well. Note to self, don't ever doubt yourself if your doubts are well founded, eight million people can be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit