Looking at the pics of Warwick... I'm chocked.

by StephaneLaliberte 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Considering that there are 1 million JWs in the states, than, the number of volunteers for the Warwick project is not that impressive... about 79% CHOOSE NOT TO HELP! Adding to the fact that the money seems to lack as well.... than, yes, there is some real passive resistance going on!

To get to that number:

(A) There are 500 volunteers coming in each week. 208 weeks over 4 years. Divide in half to factor in those who come back more than once and the weeks with less traffic = 52,000 volunteers.
    (B) There are 1,000,000 JWs. Remove half for those too far. 500,000 candidates. Remove another half for the elderly, the kids and the handicapped: 250,000 possible candidates,

I hadn't thought about this before, but a friend pointed out to me that the considering the number of JWs in the state, the participation in that project is not that impressive.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Remember the Watchtower Corporation is Jehovah's own earthly publishing house, so when one works at these manufacturing plants, they are really serving Jah and appeasing him.

When Jesus was on earth, he had his own publishing house too and raked in millions from sales..

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Have to remember that volunteering at these projects is fun!... Back in the day an Assembly Hall was built within striking distance of us. Everybody that was at all fit was encouraged to have a part.

We (Sis Blues & I) did our bit. We got involved in the menial tasks in support of the builders...made tea as well. Never mind any thought of "Sacred service" , those days were hilarious !. The humour in between the hard work made it a marvellous day out with friends. Isn't that what it is all about?

• fukitol
    fukitol

Yeah it's really CHOCKING how so many newbies on this site have the spelling skills of a 7 year old.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Fukitol, I have the "I'm not English" pass. If you can write flawlessly in two languages, then, aren't you the perfect one.
  • Scully
    Scully

ecan6:

You certainly gave fukitol a proper dressing down in flawless English. Just sayin'.

and to fukitol:

I'd hardly call someone who has eight (8) years on the site a "newbie".

As you were.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    As for spelling, I give you "Fukitol". Yep, 8 year old spelling skills.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

People with Confirmation Bias will never see the WTS the way most of us on this board do.

The sad reality is 99.9 % of witnesses will do anything the WTS asks them to do short of going home and taking their own lives.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

People with Confirmation Bias will never see the WTS the way most of us on this board do.

The sad reality is 99.9 % of witnesses will do anything the WTS asks them to do short of going home and taking their own lives.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tenacious - "The sad reality is 99.9% of witnesses will do anything the WTS asks them to do short of going home and taking their own lives."

I think there's a handful who'd even do that, to be honest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit