Last night earthquake

by Mandrake 7 Replies latest social current

• Mandrake
    Mandrake
    Hello everybody! Last night I was in my car returning to Santiago from ViƱa del Mar (the seaside) and waiting the green light the 8.4 earthquake started! It lasted 2 minutes!!! Some people were scared, most acted calmly... So that brings to my memory what was to be a JW in the MOST seismic country in the world! It's been such a relief not to hear the earthquakes prophecy things paranoia like back in 2010... On the other hand we are experiencing 5.0+ magnitude shakes every 30 minutes or so (see the map http://on.doi.gov/1Oz7DaB), and we are making almost normal life...
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Mandrake... I'm glad you're safe and carrying on normally...

Question: Has there been a lot of talk in Chile's Kingdom Halls about "The End" drawing a lot closer as a result of the frequent seismic activity there? What is being said?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

I hope things normalize as soon as possible for you and your fellow Chileans.

May your country and countrymen rise to any and all challenges.

Kind regards

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

thanks for all the kind words! here in Santiago life is going on normally, the seaside was struck by the tsunamis and there is more work to do... as well in the Illapel, the closest city to the epicentre, we have such an "amusing" country... erupting volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, mudslides, all happened this year...

i've been away from the jws for about 2 years now, so i don't now very well what is being talked about the disasters, anyhow i still have some friends in, but every time those thing happen the same "the end is drawing coser" starts...

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just thinking about all the JWs that live in on the west coast that have been hit with earthquakes over the years. I guess just about every earthquake makes them think that it's the BIg A !!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    My mom is about 1200 km from Santiago and she said all the light fixtures and ceiling fans were swinging back and forth. No one knew what the heck was going on.
  • Mandrake
    Mandrake
    It's been a shaky day hahahaha
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Glad your safe, that is a big one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit