Revolt Brewing At Headquarter and Different Branches and The Governing Body Is Losing Credibility Among It's Staff

by Brokeback Watchtower 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

PARADISEBEAUTY - The branches are organized as separate charities.

In theory, this sounds good, but since every congregation is a separate charity also, I'd bet my house on it that ownership of every Branch on the planet has been legally transferred to the WTBTS - exactly as they've done with every K.H. in the world.

Just as the High Priest and his family grabbed control of the money-making aspects of the Temple, the Org will have made sure that all the money-making assets of J.W.'s legally belong to them!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

As an aside, Bethel recently introduced a "Suggestion Box" where Bethelites could drop in anonymous suggestion. (SERIOUSLY!!) The Bethelite who was telling me about couldn't even believe it. Since then, they can now watch Morning Worship on the TV in their rooms, have a lot more staple food in the commissary so they can avoid the institutional food served in the dining room, etc.

Who knows what else some of these Bethelites are unhappy about (food, doctrine, or otherwise) that they are slipping into the box as suggestions!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wishful thinking is occasionally fun, but don't go crazy with it.

The best revolt the WTS can ever experience involves wallets and feet.

• warehouse
    warehouse
    Vidiot wrote:
    The best revolt the WTS can ever experience involves wallets and feet.

I still say a clandestine fifth column scenario is a strong possibility.

For example, look at what happened to the LDC project. It got completely shut down. How? The RBC was a closed circuit of individuals in the US branch who acted relatively independent from oversight. Brooklyn took this fringe-lengthening activity away, so they reacted in a passive-aggressive manner, effectively disabling the new arrangement.

What's to stop a group of people, serving in let's say the Service/Writing/Personnel committees, from doing something even more intentional and thought-out? Because they desire, not reformation, but destruction? Possibly their plans are already in motion, and you are beginning to see the effects . . .

"See, madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push . . ."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ warehouse...

The "fifth column" idea would definitely make for a good thriller novel, at the very least.

("Why so serious?")

• millie210
    millie210

"See, madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push . . ."

Wise words and very true warehouse!
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I wonder what type of effect this is going to have at their annual meeting and will the Governing Body entity be moved from office and replaced with a more business savvy youngin's and retire their fat asses.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've been thinking about warehouse's "fifth column" idea.

While a full-on rebellion in the ranks is unlikely, I suppose that all the sympathizers who've been tipping us off, leaking documents, and the like would - sort of - qualify as a fifth column, with one significant difference.

A fifth column is a semi-organized group with a central leadership.

All these guys are acting independently, which, IMO, is a far more effective methodology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit