Overseer's car

by JH 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Where I live, the Circuit overseer usually drives a fairly expensive car, well equipped. I never saw a CO drive some small and modest car with no air conditioning.

What kind of car does the overseer drive in your area?

If you ever noticed the plates on the overseer's car, they are not like yours, which means the car is not his. So who pays for the car. Us of course.

I was wondering when they make out their income tax report this time of year, if they include the expenses of the car. Maybe the government pays a for the car and gas, just like for catholic priests and others. So if the governement pays, why do we also pay for the overseer's car and gas.

And if the government does pay for his transportation, why doesn't the governement pay for our cars and transportation. Aren't we ministers?

Just wondering

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Every CO and DO that I saw had at least a full size Ford Crown Victoria... a few had, in addition to that, a full-size truck with dual rear wheels and a fifth-wheel for towing the huge tailor they lived in.

• Princess
    Princess

They always drive a full size luxury sedan here. I can picture the car but can't remember what the make is.

Never saw a CO drive it in service.

Rachel

• Gollum
    Gollum

In the US at least, the org supplies a car through a lease agreement with GM I believe. They keep the car for a couple of years, then it gets swapped out.

In the more rural circuits, this caused open rebellion on the part of some CO's. Since the lease didn't allow the cars to pull a trailer, and the society was really pushing the CO's to use these cars, and in the rural areas the CO's really liked to pull trailers (for good reason, who wants to live with a new stranger every week?) there was some real conflict going on.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Up until a few years ago, the circuit car selection was up to the circuit in Cananda. Our last one (that we chose) was an intrepid.

Then they changed to a central buying agency. The circuit no longer has any say. As far as I know, they are all driving Buick LeSabres.

• JH
    JH

I'd like to see a CO be humble enough to drive this

Old car with old light

• riz
    riz

lol @ JH

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

jh; nice gremlin; but that was for the 1975 group. a model T would be more in order, a 1914 model ... don't forget a 1920's radio so jesus can talk to us.. john

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

If you would like to see a picture of what our COs drive go here! To the virtual show room for Circut Leasing!! Yes it does belong to The WTBS!!!

http://www.circuitleasing.com/

Not only do they charge The Congs full price for a NEW car every 2 years but they sell the used ones at a hefty PROFIT!!

Someone has to pay for Thier World Wide Travel and Private Tennis Courts!!

My 2 cents of RANT!!

Ciao 4 now,

U_R

• Princess
    Princess

OK, while running this afternoon I saw many cars like the CO's. Buick Park Avenue. Poor babies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit