Can We PLEASE ask for your HELP one more time..or so

by Thunder Rider 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

We are in the midst of editing the proof copy of "Thunder Rider's Burden", Sheila believes we need a pronunciation key, how does one do this or does anyone know where to get one done?

Also since my novel is fantasy genre about another land do you feel I need to include a map of that land?

Thank you

ThunderR

• Mulan
    Mulan

A map? YES!! Great idea. I always appreciate that kind of thing. It really helps to visualize everything.

• happyout
    happyout

Microsoft Encarta has a pronunciation function. Here's the web site: http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryHome.aspx

Also, I love maps, it helps me understand the story better.

Good luck!!

• dottie
    dottie

((((((((((thunder))))))))) I'm sooo excited for you! These are good times!!!!

I think a map would be a helpful tool...just make it "dottie-friendly" as I can get lost quite easily ...Heehee. How are Sheila's mapmaking skills???

All kidding aside I am very proud of you (and Sheila) for pursuing this dream and making it come true. I think we all can learn from you guys that dreams do come true !

Much love and Hugs!

Dottie

• blondie
    blondie

I read Piers Anthony's Xanth series faithfully. He has a map with his series as does Anne McCaffrey with her Pern series.

I vote for a map.

Blondie A

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here is another pronunciation guide, if you still need one.

http://www.m-w.com/aschart.htm

I am a fairly decent artist, and can wield a quill pen. (if you need a mapmaker).

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

www.dictionary.com has a pronunciation key also.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Appreciate the help folks. Looks like Sheila is going to be palying cartographer at school tomorrow. A map it is. I don't know if it will make into the first printing or not though. I will also see about a pronunciation key for some of the names amd places.

You guys are great.

Thunder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit