Good news/bad news but really good news all because of a wonderful board member

by Still Totally ADD 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    This last week I was e-mailed that my aunt had died. She was 95 years old and had a long a good life with a loving family around her. The reason this is more good news than bad is because due to the help of a member on this board I was able to reconnect with her. Because of this cult I was born into I never knew very much about my so called worldly relatives. My parents had nothing to do with them. It was not until I found out I may have a 1/2 brother out there I have never meant did a wonderful person on this board PM me and asked if she could help. She never could find my so called 1/2 brother but found several cousins and my aunt on my dads side. I was so thrilled I called my aunt and talked to her for over a hour. My wife said I was finally connecting with other family members for the first time in my life. It caused a inner peace within myself. So I want to thank a very special person who made all this possible. Thank you so much ( LoisLane looking for Superman). You made my life better and more fulfilled. I continue to maintain a close relationship with my 3 cousin by e-mail and cards and it was all because of you. You have made this world a little better because of your hard work. Thank you so much. Take care. Still Totally ADD
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

That's LoisLane looking for Superman. One of the nicer folks here.

Good for you Still Totally....

The WT has gone down to a new low , why because the lost folks like LoisLane and

others here.

• millie210
    millie210

I am so happy for you that you got to have that precious time with your loved one Still Totally.

And I agree with you, LoisLane is a wonderful person and a gem on this forum!

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

LoisLane was the 1st person here to PM me when I first joined and was very helpful to me in understanding how the site works.

to have a friend you must be a friend, they say. LL is this type of person, i think.

thanks again, Lois

• scary21
    scary21

She also reached out to me about my mom. She sure is a sweetheart.

So happy for you Still Totally ADD...

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    I am in agreement with all your statements. She is a great person. I hope she see this thread and see how much she is appreciated. Still Totally ADD
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm happy to hear about you coming into contact with your "worldly" relatives. It's amazing that it's this exact word or a similarity of what the Pharisees used to call the common person as a form of disdain. The average JW doesn't even realize this.

LoisLane.... is a good member but a much better person.

Thanks for giving me your time and props.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    Could you imagine if I never made contact with my aunt. I would not know if she was still alive. I would have never got to talk to her and learn the other side of the story of why I she never talked to my parents again. How she saw the evil in the Wt. and how happy she was that I made it out of the cult. It was a very heart warming conversation I had with her. It will be a memory I will never forget. Still Totally ADD
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I feel ya. Because of how my "worldly" relatives got fed up with my newlywed parents new Cult religion being shoved down their throat, it caused a rift between my parents and mom's family that didn't heal until I was 10. Therefore, I didn't know that I had aunts, uncles, and cousins until I was 10 years old!!!!! Never met them, never knew about them. My parents simply moved away and never spoke about them - EVER. It took my mom's father becoming terminally ill with cancer to start to bring them together again. I now frequently see my cousins. My parents are dead. So is my uncle. We are all still here. It's insane what this religion has done to families.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit