My first post......

by Urpi 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Urpi
    Urpi

Hello,
    After one year of lurking I finally decided to write, introduce myself and tell my short story . After being JW for more than 20 years, one year and 4 months ago, my husband read some news in Internet. It was the UN affair….. I can’t use any more words that have been already used to express what it ment to us to discover what we did. We couldn’t believe it at first so we decided to investigate the whole thing. We tried to discover that “it was a lie” “that could not be true”. Instead, we discovered what everybody knows now…. At first we kept going to the KH but after some months we didn’t want to go any more. Not only because of the UN affair, but because everthing we had discovered after our complete investigation. All my family are JWs and we shared with them and some “good friends” what we had found out. Of course, we lost most of our friends. Some of our friends were disfellowshiped and my husband and I feel that we are being hunted by some elders, even though we are not attending the meetings any more. We know that they think we are apostates (are we?) and all they want is proof to take action. I must confess that I do not want to be DF´ed. I have some real friends and now I know who they are. Some in my family know everything and they feel just like me but others do not, and I don’t want to lose them either. We have children and we love Jehovah and his son and the bible. We keep reading our bible every day as a family and these year for the first time we are going to celebrate the Memorial by ourselves…. The future I can’t tell. However, I feel we did the right thing when we decided to investigate in spite of what we could find out. My screen name “Urpi” means “Dove” in the language of the Inkas (quechua) and my native language is spanish so I apologize for any mistakes. I will keep on lurking and from time to time I will post. Have a nice day you all. Sincerely,
    Urpi

• myself
    myself

Urpi/Dove

Interesting name, a creature of peace. Your post sounds like you are a peace keeper. I was given hints as to the UN Scandal along with some other scandals. It was up to me to investigate it. I could never go back after what I learned. How could I ever want to. An organization who says that they have the truth when in fact there is deception and lies in abundance. It was hard to free my mind when all I was taught that I would be doomed if I left. I would lose some of my family, my "friends", and my life. It is a great way to keep control: FEAR. Now I have found myself (no pun intended) LOL

Welcom Urpi

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Welcome!

*** 1 John 4:1 ***
    Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

• Solace
    Solace

Welcome!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

bien venidos, Urpi, Sé hablar un cierto español, pero la no muy buena con la escritura él.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

WELCOME URPI!

Very brave thing you've done, I know how hard it is to be in such a position. For me it was like cutting off part of my body leaving the only "family" I had know for a life time.

I'm better now and this forum is like the family I lost actually it's much better I know you will find this a place of healing also.

~Katie

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Urpi, welcome to the forum.

As the word means: 'Dove', I hope you'll be as free as a dove in the times ahead.

Good for you for investigating matters related to the U.N. and the WTBTS. Gives you some major peace of mind and whole new perspective, doesn't it?

I hope you'll remain with us, and share with us your thoughts and feelings. I think you know by now it's a very diverse board/forum with a variety of opinions. As I have said before, a sense of humour will make your visit here enjoyable.

We won't df/da or anything like that. We'll ds you. What's that? Well, we'll probably desensitize you. No worries, not in a bad way, but you'll gain a freedom of thought here that will open your eyes to many things that have been hidden from you. The U.N. matter is only one, wait until you discover other stories and anecdotes on here. It even baffles me, and I've been out of the organization for almost 20 years.

Welcome Urpi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit