What will 1914 (DROPPED) mean for you (EX-JW)

by John Aquila 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding
    JWs will say that the WT never said anything about 1914, just as they never said anything about 1975...
  • galaxie
    galaxie
    I tried to reason with my family after they ditched the last generation fiasco . I honestly thought they would ' see ' the ludicrousness of the nooooo light teaching..... no joy.... some shrugged like it was no big deal others were soooo glad of further understanding by the new york mafia. I think changing 1914 would have the same effect, but.. who knows until it happens. You can lead a horse to water,..but.....
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

THEY NO LONGER TEACH DOCTRINE. Most younger JWs could not tell you what significance 1914 had anyway. (Maybe they know WWI started then, but certainly no battle in heaven and Satan tossed down, etc etc)

Anyone still "in" that was taught the doctrine is surely brain dead and will not likely awaken over any change. Most thinking JWs are already here. (Maybe not. I should have figured it out with the 1995 change. Guess I'm a bit "slow".)

Older ones have no where else to go. They see that the only "End" that is near, is their own. But it would not be wise for them to risk all their friends and any family they have still "in".

Doc

• wozza
    wozza

It is possible they drop 1914 anytime from now ,if I look back to the time I first studied their teachings in 1974-75 ,and then look forward from then, I could never imagine the religion and it's teachings now that we see.

Caleb and Sophia is it? the cartoon characters ,no home book studies etc etc and then there's all the doctrinal changes ,certainly not the religion I was baptised into and why?....because the teachings come from men

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    wozza

It is possible they drop 1914 anytime from now ,if I look back to the time I first studied their teachings in 1974-75 ,and then look forward from then, I could never imagine the religion and it's teachings now that we see.

That's what I see wozza, these guys are so crazy and presumptuous that anything is possible. When I came in I saw quite a few die because they wouldn't accept blood. Then out of the blue, blood fractions are ok. Everyone would say; "We will never accept blood, if we do, we are NOT the true religion"

But what happend? It changed overnight.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Older ones have no where else to go. They see that the only "End" that is near, is their own. But it would not be wise for them to risk all their friends and any family they have still "in".

Doc, I did after being 40 years in. I think we underestimate what is happening as far as exposing the WT as being a cult and the effect it is having on JWs worldwide. The amount of people waking up compared to say the 80s is mind-boggling.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

IF they drop it, which I don't see them doing anytime soon, I'll have two questions:

• What took them so long?
    • Did they actually admit they were wrong, or just spin it as "New Light" bullshit?
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    If they drop 1914, any mention we make of '1914' we will be labeled as 'apostate.'
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    FayeDunaway
    If they drop 1914, any mention we make of '1914' we will be labeled as 'apostate.'

LOL, that is hilarious!
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

I had discussions with my family before I was d/f and it was not logic that held them in, but rather their own insecurities.

I would not bother talking to them about it. They would be annoyed that I was gloating at them, but will have found a way to reconcile the changes.

It won't make a difference to most, unless there are some other emotional or doctrinal issues already disturbing them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit