What will 1914 (DROPPED) mean for you (EX-JW)

by John Aquila 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Let's pretend this might happen.

I’m not asking what it will mean for the JDUBs or for the organization, but what will it mean FOR YOU---- if one day you wake up and the Watchtower drops the 1914 doctrine.

(You know at some point they have to, but probably not our lifetime)

If you are disfellowshipped or disassociated and have been shunned by your parents, by your children, by you spouse or ex-husband/wife, for years or even less, will you call your relatives and ask/tell them;

“Are you going to talk to me now?”

“I guess Jesus didn’t start to rule in 1914!”

“Are you going to keep following the Watchtower?”

“Are you going to keep on preaching?”

“I told you so”

Would it make a big impact on your life? Would you be pissed of at your relatives for all the time lost? Would you want them back in your life after all the years of shunning?

• Londo111
    Londo111
    If this happened and somehow the Watchtower was "still the truth" in the minds of someone I cared about, there's really no way to reach them...
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would feel soooo guilty for having run ahead of Jehovah's Chariot!

NOT!

Image result for broken wagon

Doc

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

You know at some point they have to, but probably not our lifetime

I really don't think so, they've tied themselves to it for I'm guessing at least 50 years with Overlapping Generations. Liars don't stop lying.

• freddo
    freddo

Me personally? I stopped believing in 1914 sometime between 1994 and about 2004. Went through the 3 stages of Hmm? Huh? and WTF? But not at an exact time I could pinpoint. So nothing really.

As for waking up anyone else - if dancing trolley carts, the ARC and particularly "the generation" hasn't done it then no single thing will. But 1914 might be a big enough straw to break quite a few camels backs.

They won't do it though because they would find it hard to have any semblance of belief in themselves any longer if they did.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I've read some comments in JW-Archive regarding 1975 that went like this... "Yes the prediction was wrong, but the organization ended up better off because it was cleansed of those that were holding themselves to a date"

Go figure.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    nuffink
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

I understand many jw will still not wake up, but would the news of dropping 1914 impel an ex-jw to approach his jw relatives and point out that the basis for believing in the last days is over. Would it give you an incentive to go tell them, "It's over, you were following false prophets, it's time to reexamine your religion"

Or would you just leave your relatives alone.

I personally would give it a shot and try to help them see that it's over. The last days starting in 1914 was a scam.

• millie210
    millie210

It would mean...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

of course

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I personally agree they will drop the 1914 date at some point, but i think they will make a shift of some sort.

Maybe something like saying that it's more useful to concentrate on the state of the world and the signs of the end, instead of any dates. And evidently the current state of things bla bla bla confirm that we are indeed in the very last days. And then of course everybody will agree.

You: “Are you going to talk to me now?”“I guess Jesus didn’t start to rule in 1914!”

Family: We are not sure, besides the slave received new light that Jehoober doesn't want us to focus on dates, so there.

You: So does that mean you still believe in the GB body?

Family: Yes i do, because they refine the beliefs based on new light

You: ohhh, so are you going to to talk to me now?

Family: Nope, still going to shun you

You: ohh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit