We're going to start a food bank

by road to nowhere 6 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

My phone number seems to be mixed in a group elder text. Cryptic things come through that make no sense. A list of needed items and a will do reply. No names just numbers

I would rather offer beans to someone than give money to mother. But I do wonder which widows will be overlooked this time? There are professional leeches around. One elder at least couldn't keep a job before this economy hit.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Here in my area of Minnesota, we have the CCEFS (Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf).

It is operated by a local Catholic Church and ANYONE is welcome to partake of their generosity.

I have been there and people of all denominations come for help. Even the local Mormons are volunteers there.

People of all races also come for aid. We have a large Hmong and Muslim presence here also.

It's human helping human get by with the necessities of life.

Another organization in this area is Second Harvest which provide a lot of food to the CCEFS. Many grocery stores and other food establishments donate hundreds of pounds of food and meat, poultry and whatnot each week for those who need.

I cannot fathom the JW's helping anyone, let alone taking care of their own in this or any time of cricis/crices. (sp)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

I’m not surprised that local JWs are jumping on the coronavirus bandwagon to ask for money and/or provisions for ‘needy’ by sending text messages or emails.

Remember: if the Kingdom Halls were open they would be coming up to people with an envelope to contribute money for ‘needy’ in the hall. In my opinion, IF all the halls are sold off at some point..this will be the norm.

I’m out of the religion many years but I don’t expect they are going to contact ME.

If I knew of a JW (who treated me with kindness back in the day), I might personally give them some items if I knew they were needy. But, I’d NEVER give anything to the religion or some elders (who will end up giving it to JWs THEY like and/or Witness pioneers who never wanted to work - meanwhile I got criticized for working).

This was bound to happen.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Here in Australia I believe "not for profit organizations / charities " can apply for Govt. assistance .I would hate to think that the JW/WT religion applies and gets it ?

But knowing what leeches and parasites they are I`m sure they will put their hand out.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Smiddy3 I think they might have registered some new "charities" in Aus. recently for just this purpose.

RB

• hoser
    hoser

I would have mixed reactions to giving. We had some good times and many jws and people in general squandered them.

If someone had nothing to eat I wouldn’t let them go hungry but they might have to eat Mac and cheese. I’m not giving to those who didn’t work what was offered them and ostracized our family for working full time.

On the other hand I might need the services of a food bank.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

This isnt official yet here. It is just that some inept elder got my number mixed in with the spiritual leaders. I dont recognize the numbers, ID doesnt have a name. Just a list and a " will do". They are having non stop elder meetings and the CO is in the mix somewhere

As usual they have no clue running a real charity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit