Michael Jackson's Mother

by ExpandedMind 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Good Morning!

This past week, on Fox, there was another documentary about MJ. After seeing some advertisements about the presentation that indicated that MJs mother would be on the program, I was interested in seeing what comments, if any, she would make about MJ. Another thing I found interesting, is that a couple of years ago, there was a Birthday tribute to MJ that was televised, and him mother was in the audience.

The scenes that MJs mother made comments, were kind of generic. But still, her being on the program at all, shows she still "supports" him, at least to a degree.

It appears from other things I have read, that they still have a close relationship. And that is how it should be. No parent should be forced by a religious group to shun a child. From that standpoint, I say more power to her. But we all know that, if she is still a Witness, she should not have participated in either show. Or am I missing something?

Has anyone heard or read anything about how she justifies this from her religious perspective? Do you think she might be given special treatment from her elders? Does anyone know if any of the Jackson "children" are still Witnesses?

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hey ExpandedMind, I believe MJ and family have donated a ton of money to the WTS and probably still do. That may answer the question of why they seem to be "untouchable" when breaking some of the rules.

CC

• Mary
    Mary

I have absolutely no respect for Michael Jackson's mother at all. She stood by and did absolutely NOTHING when her big fat loser of a husband used to beat the shit out of all the kids when they were young. She is such a typical spineless "Dub" wife: lets just ignore anything bad the father does so that we can project the image of a happy smiling family!" Women like her make me sick. My great grandmother was just like that. She stood there and did absolutely nothing when her husband used to beat my grandma and great-uncle when they were small. She had the pathetic notion that she had to put up with it because she didn't want to be "alone", so it was just better to ignore anything bad that happened.

• anti-absolutism
    anti-absolutism

I agree with Mary on 'the mothers standing by and doing nothing while the kids get beat' being a despicable thing.

Also, in regards to MJ's mother sharing in the Birthday stuff for example, JW's are always A LOT more "patient" with anyone close to celebrity status. I read a thing on the Williams sisters awhile back and one of them said that they were definitely dubs but they "of course can't go out door to door like the others" because of being too busy.

NOT GETTING IN ENOUGH HOURS AND ADMITTING IT, WITH NO SHAME???????

If that was a "regular person", watch out!!!

Brad

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

That explains why there are so many empty headed people full of hot air. LOL!

All that empty space where there was once knowledge

• Simon
    Simon

It suites the WTS's agenda to have some high profile celebrities who they can point to as doing "normal" things (I never thought I'd use that word in a sentance about M.Jackson!!)

Same thing with the Williams sisters ... high-profile and get away with lots that the regular dubs wouldn't in a million years (how many witness kids would not be allowed to play tennis after school for instance?)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

That reminds me! Did anyone else hear of the photo shoot that is said to "show" hubba hubba, a whole nother side of one of the Williams twins???

I remember seeing something about it a couple of days ago on the news but I may have missed the actual "revealing"

• Gopher
    Gopher

Plmkrzy: I believe you're referring to the "Sports Illustrated annual swimsuit edition" in which Serena Williams shows off her figure. Believe me, I only heard about this on the radio -- I haven't gotten to the newsstand yet.

As far as-- are any Jackson children in the JW organization still, there's only one I'm aware of -- Michael's old sister Rebbie was very active in that faith last I'd heard.

• freedom96
    freedom96

The oldest Jackson daughter, Rebbie, is still very much an active witness. That about does it for the kids. The mom is still in. The father and the other boys were never really involved except for the occasional meeting. Janet was involved for a while, and LaToya; both of course not now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit