Tired of mom's proselytizing pal..Guess who !!!!

by James Mixon 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I love Dear Abby advice columnist.. Abby "Dear not interested, no rule of etiquette demands that you listen to B religious diatribes". Today paper.

• flipper
    flipper

So was this your experience ? Just guessing. My wife read this Dear Abby JW experience to me from this column this morning. Is this you in the article dude ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

NO,NO. My wife also read it to me and shortly afterward she went to the store and called me. It was lunch time and she saw several JWs walking into a restaurant, and how did she know they were JW. Today it's around 100 degrees and the women had long dresses and the men in suits.

• steve2
    steve2

And I dare say probably not a young one among them.

• zeb
    zeb

What is this thing with suits? I queried it years ago and suggested that jw look ,like a bunch of 'car-salesmen' that went down like a lead balloon.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

What's this thing with really long dresses? Sometimes I see them on FS and I can't believe how long their dresses are now, almost down to the ground.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Even if driving through an unfamiliar town, I can pick out the JW's by their weird attire. How different from Jesus, who simply melted in to a crowd once, he couldn't have done that dressed in anything that stood out as different !

On the issue of being preached at, this happened to me a few months back, I was tempted to cut the guy short, but it occurred to me that he would think to himself " He just does not wish to hear the truth", so I let him ramble on, and the said " Well, I cannot agree with any bit of that". That shut him up.

• zeb
    zeb

Xanthippe. Long dresses?

Once I attended a cong bowling night. So many of the sisters skirts were indecently short by any standards.. and there was idiot screaming every time some one got a strike.. behavior in the extreme , I left.

Suits. In summer here they still wear suits.. handling the mike --must have the jacket on-- any suggestions as to why?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I was told when you represent Jehovah in service or in the meetings you should wear your best gear. If you are invited to be a guest of the Queen or the President you would wear your best duds, soooo standing before Jehovah all parts of the body enclosed , your most modest attire. Jehovah loves it when the weater is hot and the brothers wearing suits, he demand it. Maybe someone can show us a scriptures where this is the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit