Golden Girl how are you doing?

by Brandy5 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

I just wanted you to know people care about you. How are you holding up? hugs, brandy

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I am doing fine!..Thanks to so many caring people on this board!.. I have been at my daghters because she has been sick. She had her gallbladder out but was still having the same symptoms. She needed help with the two grandkids. They had a really nice spare room that they call MY room..it has a beautiful view at night. But I am not ready for that yet! I like my independance. It was really hard though because I just got done taking care of hubby. I couldn't hardly stand someone else I love sick. She did go to the Dr and he figured out what it was and gave her a pres. that is really helping her.I am so relieved. She lost so much weight!. My other problem is my JW Mother in Law. She keeps leaving messages and I don't want to talk to her at all! I am being torn in half because she is a part of hubby and I love her for that..but she caused so many problems..I hate her for that. So I have to overcome that and figure out how to handle it!. And last..I still miss hubby terribly!..I don't have time to cry much as I have been keeping busy. But my heart is aching..I talked to one lady in a Cancer support chat room and her hubby died six months ago. She has two children and she is still griving hard. So I guess it will eventually get easier..But the warm glow will always be in my heart for him... And if there is a God..maybe someday we will meet again... Thank you so much for asking... I am babysitting tonight ..Kids are trying a new chinese restaurant. I get to sleep in "My Room" again!.... And I take a little stuffed doggie with me that hubby bought me before he got real sick!..I always give it a kiss and hug before I go to bed and when I wake up!... Snoozy....And I loved the flowers!..Thank you...

• Solace
    Solace

((((((((((Snoozy))))))))))

You are so sweet, Its always good to hear from you.

Take care hun.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Snoozy))) - hang in there - you are loved & cared about.....

Glad to hear you're doing okay. Your daughter should be up & about in no time - I had my gallbladder out a while back - the gas they pump in you is painful while its working its way out - but it should be okay after a bit. Tell her not to eat to spicy of food for awhile - as that caused me a few problems...and to take it easy.

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

I hope that your daughter feels better real soon and gains some weight back. Grand children are the best. I've watched three be born so far. Grandbabies are good for helping you when you are sad.

hugs,

brandy

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Golden Girl. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I had gall bladder surgery with a few complications afterwards. But I was fine after 2 months. That gas they pump in can be a problem. Here's to her good health and your freedom.

As to your JW mother-in-law, just set some boundaries and tell her if she crosses them, no more contact with you. I have a great mother-in-law but she is non-JW. She was understanding considering I sucked her son into the organization. She is so happy now that we have left.

I try to imagine how it would be without my husband and my eyes tear up. You will find new friends, strengthen relationships with old friends and family, but he will always be the big part of your life. An older woman I chummed with said that she kissed his picture good night every night and even talked to the photo when she had big problems to work out. She said he always was a good listener and not much of a talker. "It hasn't changed," she said.

What a fortunate man to have you to love him and take care of him down to end. We all should have a Golden Girl in our life.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit